1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Dec '05 12:54
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Buddha only wanted his followers to be compassionate and selfless so they would eventually realize what a bullsh*t it is and reach nirvana – a state of nihilism.
    I don't know. Self-annihilation does sound like nihilism, although without the negative connotations of that word--how can nothing have negative connotations? Your comments make me think "Schopenhauer vs. Nietzsche".
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '05 13:09
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Yes, sounds good doesn’t it? Buddha only wanted his followers to be compassionate and selfless so they would eventually realize what a bullsh*t it is and reach nirvana – a state of nihilism.

EDIT: Of course any Buddhist who has not reached this state will deny this out of ignorance but it’s the hard truth nontheless
    As samsara and nirvana are indivisible, in what way do you classify the latter as nihilism?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Dec '05 13:34
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Was Jesus a Buddhist?
    I have seen little evidence other than wild conjecture and reported tradition for the story that Jesus moved to India. If he changed his name etc then how would anyone hope to trace him 2000 years later anyway?
    However the evidence that he actually died in the crucifiction has similarly little evidence, all accounts being from second or third hand sources at best. If he did not die then wouldnt anyone involved want to cover it up anyway?
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 10:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have seen little evidence other than wild conjecture and reported tradition for the story that Jesus moved to India. If he changed his name etc then how would anyone hope to trace him 2000 years later anyway?
    However the evidence that he actually died in the crucifiction has similarly little evidence, all accounts being from second or third hand sources at best. If he did not die then wouldnt anyone involved want to cover it up anyway?
    my favourite piece of proof is this : "I have visited this tomb twice, and can personally attest to the holiness and yes, rose-scented fragrance of the atmosphere within this building which houses the mausoleum of Jesus Christ, to which Srinagar residents come often to pray and leave their offerings. " from http://www.spinninglobe.net/jesustomb.htm.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 10:14
    Originally posted by flexmore
    my favourite piece of proof is this : "I have visited this tomb twice, and can personally attest to the holiness and yes, rose-scented fragrance of the atmosphere within this building which houses the mausoleum of Jesus Christ, to which Srinagar residents come often to pray and leave their offerings. " from http://www.spinninglobe.net/jesustomb.htm.
    Come to think of it, if He went Up on a Cloud, he could have been Dropped Off in Srinagar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree