28 Sep '07 17:36
    Married ? thoughts...?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 17:39
    Originally posted by duecer
    Married ? thoughts...?
    That would be a far better reason to return from the dead.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 18:19
    Married ? thoughts...?
    No.

I was watching John Hagge the other day and they said one of the reasons Jesus and Paul did not get married was becasue they know what they were preaching could get them killed. So that is why they might not have been married. They would have left family behind.
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 18:21
    Originally posted by serigado
    That would be a far better reason to return from the dead.
    Depends how long after the honeymoon...
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 20:06
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No.

I was watching John Hagge the other day and they said one of the reasons Jesus and Paul did not get married was becasue they know what they were preaching could get them killed. So that is why they might not have been married. They would have left family behind.
    In ancient Isreal, it would have been unheard of for a man of Jesus' years to be unmarried. It certainly would have made it more difficult for people to take him seriously
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 20:23
    No.

Well, JH certainly knows something about marriage:

The Liberty Flame reported in May 1994 that during the time when Hagee was serving the Charismatic congregation at Trinity Church (1976) in San Antonio, he divorced his wife, resigned and married a young woman in the congregation, Diana Castro. Custody of Hagee’s two children by his ex-wife, Martha, went to her.

In a letter to the church, Hagee admitted immorality, which later became part of the court records in the custody battle. Martha later also remarried and started another family. Not surprisingly, there is a hiatus from 1976 to 1987 left out of Hagee’s web site biography.

http://www.pfo.org/jonhagee.htm
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 20:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder

The Liberty Flame reported in May 1994 that during the time when Hagee was serving the Charismatic congregation at Trinity Church (1976) in San Antonio, he divorced his wife, resigned and married a young woman in the congregation, Diana Castro. Custody of Hagee’s two children by his ex-wife ...[text shortened]... tus from 1976 to 1987 left out of Hagee’s web site biography.

The thing that really bugs me about him is all this talk about fasting. That boy must weigh 400 pounds.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 20:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder

The Liberty Flame reported in May 1994 that during the time when Hagee was serving the Charismatic congregation at Trinity Church (1976) in San Antonio, he divorced his wife, resigned and married a young woman in the congregation, Diana Castro. Custody of Hagee’s two children by his ex-wife ...[text shortened]... tus from 1976 to 1987 left out of Hagee’s web site biography.

Thanks Judge.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 21:01
    Thanks Judge.
    RB, does it bother you that Haggee is a white man and his second wife Hispanic?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 21:10
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    RB, does it bother you that Haggee is a white man and his second wife Hispanic?
    no.
  11. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 21:12
    Jesus being married would explain why he was so willing to die. 😞
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Sep '07 23:25
    no.
    Does it bother you that a hypocrite like Hagge can claim to be a
    Christian and be an active, repeated adulterer? Remember, that Jesus
    Himself said that a man who divorces his wife commits adulterery against her.

Nemesio
  13. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 00:19
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Does it bother you that a hypocrite like Hagge can claim to be a
    Christian and be an active, repeated adulterer? Remember, that Jesus
    Himself said that a man who divorces his wife commits adulterery against her.

Nemesio
    Jesus addressed a lot of issues like this in the parable of the wheat and tares. If you’re interested it’s in Matthew 13:25-40. When the time comes God will sort out who belongs to Him and who doesn’t
  14. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 00:54
    Originally posted by masscat
    Jesus addressed a lot of issues like this in the parable of the wheat and tares. If you’re interested it’s in Matthew 13:25-40. When the time comes God will sort out who belongs to Him and who doesn’t
    in heaven people do not partake in marriage
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '07 05:051 edit
    In ancient Isreal, it would have been unheard of for a man of Jesus' years to be unmarried. It certainly would have made it more difficult for people to take him seriously
    That sounds ridiculous to me. "Unheard of" for a man of thirty years old to be single ? "Unheard of" ?

Says who?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree