1. Christchurch
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 22:26
    Or just a misunderstood demagogue who got off on narcissism?

http://www.islam-watch.org/Others/MuhdBiography.htm
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 03:03
    Originally posted by SpastiGov

What is suprising is those damning verses were allowed to be a part of the Q'uran, and why.
  3. Christchurch
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 03:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is suprising is those damning verses were allowed to be a part of the Q'uran, and why.
    Interesting how the whole religion was founded on nothing but violence, rape and murder and that little has changed since Muhammad popped his clogs. Turns out he was one of the nastiest SOBs to walk the earth! What I can't understand is how such a nefarious brigand became so idolized.

Islam is still stuck in the 12th century and will remaing there until it can reconcile its archaic message with the modern world. They are still trying to work out what went wrong... why and how they were left so far behind, both economically and technologically, by the west.
  4. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:05

I'm just surprised with a title like that muslims aren't rioting across Europe.
  5. Sydney
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:29
    Originally posted by slappy115
    Which title?
  6. Christchurch
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:36
    Originally posted by slappy115
    They'll riot about anything, even cartoons in a newspaper. They need to get a grip.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 05:55

You know, if I was as much an idiot as... well, let's just say there's always
    Internet sites that will say just about anything. You have to ask yourself how
    credible a site dedicated to the slandering of Islam really is. Of course, you
    don't want to do that, do you?

http://www.bare-jesus.net/e300.htm
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 06:29
    Originally posted by stocken

Hey, sonny boy, don't you mess with Jesus! 😠
  9. Christchurch
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 07:101 edit

That's a very funny read!! Thanks for the link. Except for one thing: it's an amusing spoof, whereas the site I posted isn't. Good effort though so I'll give you three out of ten for trying.

Of course the difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians can laugh at themselves but Muslims can't! Poke fun at fundamentalist Muslim and next thing you know there's a suicide bomber in your neibourhood or some unsuspecting aid worker has been kidnapped and about to have his head cut off by some Muslim nut-job with no job! Those guys take themselves way too seriously.

They should learn to drink alocohol and give up on the 72 virgins thing.
  10. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 07:43
    That's a very funny read!! Thanks for the link. Except for one thing: it's an amusing spoof, whereas the site I posted isn't. Good effort though so I'll give you three out of ten for trying.

Of course the difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians can laugh at themselves but Muslims can't! Poke fun at fundamentalist Muslim and next thi ...[text shortened]... too seriously.

You are so ill-informed on the subject matter it would be hilarious if it wasn't a little sad. I could mention how the bible has countless messages of genocide, mass murder and brutal punishment, but really, if you take information from such a ridiculous website as gospel I doubt any intelligent dialogue with yourself would be worthwhile. And let's not forget that the sheer majority of Muslims are peaceful and content.

Anyway this topic has been argued ad-nauseam on this site so it's not even worth it.
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 08:502 edits

Of course the difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians can laugh at themselves but Muslims can't! Poke fun at fundamentalist Muslim and next thi too seriously.

I know a few Muslims and they have a very good self distance, capable of
    laughing at themselves. You're talking about fanatics, and they are plenty in
    the Christian community as well. What all muslims, and all Christians have in
    common is a dislike for slandering and one-sided point of views, while
    simultaneously doing it to the other.

You have clearly shown here that you're not to be taken seriously on matters
    of Islam, and I suppose that's a good thing rather than if you had played
    the sympathetic guy who: "...really has nothing against Muslims,
    but..."
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 09:14
    Islam is still stuck in the 12th century and will remaing there until it can reconcile its archaic message with the modern world. They are still trying to work out what went wrong... why and how they were left so far behind, both economically and technologically, by the west.
    Since you clearly don't know this I thought I would tell you that Islam is a religion and not a country or group of countries. A large number of the followers of Islam live in the west and a significant number of them are more intelligent and better educated than you obviously are.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 13:56

I was thinking to answer you, but after a while I thought you don't deserve it. So I can summerize my answer from previous posts:
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    You are so ill-informed on the subject matter it would be hilarious if it wasn't a little sad. I could mention how the bible has countless messages of genocide, mass murder and brutal punishment, but really, if you take information from such a ridiculous website as gospel I doubt any intelligent dialogue with yourself would be worthwhile. And let's not forget that the sheer majority of Muslims are peaceful and content.

Anyway this topic has been argued ad-nauseam on this site so it's not even worth it.

------------------------------------------------------
    i]Originally posted by stocken[/i]
    I know a few Muslims and they have a very good self distance, capable of
    laughing at themselves. You're talking about fanatics, and they are plenty in
    the Christian community as well. What all muslims, and all Christians have in
    common is a dislike for slandering and one-sided point of views, while
    simultaneously doing it to the other.
    You have clearly shown here that you're not to be taken seriously on matters
    of Islam, and I suppose that's a good thing rather than if you had played
    the sympathetic guy who: "...really has nothing against Muslims,
    but..."

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Since you clearly don't know this I thought I would tell you that Islam is a religion and not a country or group of countries. A large number of the followers of Islam live in the west and a significant number of them are more intelligent and better educated than you obviously are.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

In summary you have no idea about what you are talkin about!!!!
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 13:58
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    In summary you have no idea about what you are talkin about!!!!
    Clearly he does not...Now let the thread die quietly...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree