Was Paul gay?

Was Paul gay?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
21 Dec 08

Bishop Spong seems to think so. If you've got seven and a half minutes to spare, he'll tell you why:

&feature=related

j

Moves
21 Dec 08
2 edits

Yes, I believe that Paul was very often gay, as well as happy and rejoicing in the Lord. And this in spite of the various trials and tribulations he underwent.

Oh, you mean homosexual? No I don't think he made an idol out of sex and don't think he had arrested adolescent devolopment psychologically.

Straight ? Is that how it is described? He was straight but had no particular desire to devote to romantic love because of his heavy burden to serve the Christian church.

Well, You asked me.

F

Moves
21 Dec 08

I think the Greek culture of those days were more permitting of homosexuality than we can imagine.
So it wasn't a grande chose if he was.

Was he married, our greek friend?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
21 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
Yes, I believe that Paul was very often gay, as well as happy and rejoicing in the Lord. And this in spite of the various trials and tribulations he underwent.

Oh, you mean homosexual? No I don't think he made an idol out of sex and don't think he had arrested adolescent devolopment psychologically.

Straight ? Is that how it is described? He was str ...[text shortened]... mantic love because of his heavy burden to serve the Christian church.

Well, You asked me.
Did you watch the video?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
21 Dec 08

Straight ? Is that how it is described? He was str ...[text shortened]... mantic love because of his heavy burden to serve the Christian church.

Well, You asked me.
Oh, you mean homosexual? No I don't think he made an idol out of sex and don't think he had arrested adolescent devolopment psychologically.-----jaywill----------

If was an intersex child whose brain had been flooded with abnormal levels of testosterone what say you then? Would you be able to attribute his sexuality to development issues or would genetics/biology have played some part?

Moves
21 Dec 08

Interesting video. It deserves a second viewing. I thought it was revealing how Spong answered a two questions, because it seems like he's not answering the question. Rather, he understands the underlying precept behind the question and answers that. Fascinating.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 08

Originally posted by rwingett
Bishop Spong seems to think so. If you've got seven and a half minutes to spare, he'll tell you why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=563jJbf9DKY&feature=related
I find Spong absorbing.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
21 Dec 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I find Spong absorbing.
Nah, he's all wet.

Moves
21 Dec 08

Paul was not gay. What's Spong got to do with it?

w

Moves
21 Dec 08
1 edit

Yes, he enjoyed practicing things he later condemned as abominations.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Dec 08

Originally posted by whodey
Yes, he enjoyed practicing things he later condemned as abominations.
Didn't he supposedly persecute Christians before becoming one? He wouldn't be the only Christian who lived in the closet.

P

Moves
22 Dec 08

Wow.. that's what you think all homosexuals are?

I'm sure you complain when someone suggests that you might just be homophobic too.

j

Moves
22 Dec 08

Did you watch the video?
No.

I consulted the document that tells us the most about the man Paul, the New Testament.

I mean I thought that is where I should look to answer the question.

j

Moves
22 Dec 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Wow.. that's what you think all homosexuals are?

I'm sure you complain when someone suggests that you might just be homophobic too.
What's wrong with homophobic?

P

Moves
22 Dec 08
1 edit

What's wrong with homophobic?
What's wrong with prejudice?

That's it, be proud of your prejudice!