1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 16:19
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    That's about the quality of the people you hang out with. This is my ninth year of teaching. I have rarely met parents who tried to teach their children to read. I have rarely met parents who read, which I found shocking. It is not just anecdotal: kids are screened before they enter kindergarten, to find out their skills. Most know at least a few l ...[text shortened]... eading when they entered as the low-income kids of undereducated parents at my current school.
    I think you are grossly exaggerating. Your contempt for the parents of the children you teach (if you really do teach) is unhealthy.

I come from a working class background and the vast majority of people I know are lower and/or middle income. Your claims are ridiculous; do you have ANY data to support such extravagant claims?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 16:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I wasn't aware Huckabee wanted to teach math, I thought he was
    running for public office. 🙂 You know how liberals are and math,
    increase something from what was given the year before and they
    call it a cut if they wanted to give more. 🙂
    Kelly
    He's in a field where he's supposed to be able to understand that more votes wins and God won't lift him to the Presidency.

I'm from California. Our liberals do seem to have a problem with math; somehow huge chunks of our income keeps going to nonproductive welfare states, generally full of the political opposition.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 12:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We Need More Atheist Teachers
    By far the best teacher I had when growing up - especially the maths teacher - were Catholic brothers. They dedicated their lives to teaching whereas some of the other teachers I have had were in it for the money and nothing else and in Zambia, if you are teaching for the money then you must be pretty useless because teaching is one of the worst paying professions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree