We owe much to Paul

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 23 Feb '18 08:31
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 08:311 edit
    There is a persistent effort to undermine the Apostle Paul, whom God used to write some 13 of the the 27 NT books.

Christians owe much to Paul's pioneering and revelatory experience and insight into Jesus Christ. The earliest written Christian documents in the New Testament are the letters of the Apostle Paul.

Here we see the Jesus said He had many things YET to say to His disciples that they were not yet able to hear. But they WOULD be taught by the Holy Spirit.

The Apostle Paul participated in these further disclosures from the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said:
    "I have many things to say to you, but you cannot hear them now.

But when He, the Spirit of reality comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself, but what He hears He will speak; and He will declare to you the things that are coming." (John 16:12,13)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 08:421 edit
    This thread I dedicate to the attempt to teach Christians to be embarrassed about Paul's faithful ministry to his Lord Jesus.

Forget about. We owe very much to the Apostle Paul.

Here we see the leading disciple Peter, as an apostle recommending to the church the younger man Paul.

This is all the more striking in light of the fact that Paul had once rebuked the senior apostle publically in a moment of Peter's weakness.

Peter's recommendation:

" And count the long-suffering of our Lord to be salvation even as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you,

As also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which the unlearned and unstable twist, as also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15,16)

The recommendation shows Peter's humility and Paul's considered reliability.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 08:42
    Perhaps the Romans owed much to Paul.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 08:491 edit
    For the early dating of the letters of Paul, I recommend Gary Habermas's videos.

The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB

YouTube&t=406s
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 10:362 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    For the early dating of the letters of Paul, I recommend Gary Habermas's videos.

[b] The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_Db4RwZ_M&t=406s[/b]
    Eternal life is in the Son of God.

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater:
    for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:
    he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;
    because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
    And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life,
    and this life is in his Son.
    He that hath the Son hath life;
    and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

(1 John 5:9-12 KJV)

Messengers are not greater than the Master

Your focus is not Jesus Christ and his teachings.
    You constantly battle against the teachings and commandments of Christ.
    You therefore do not have the Son of God
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 11:07
    This thread I dedicate to the attempt to teach Christians to be embarrassed about Paul's faithful ministry to his Lord Jesus.

Here we see the leading disciple [b]Peter
    , as an apostle recommending to the church the younger man Paul.

This is all the more striking in light of the fact that Paul ...[text shortened]... ) [/b] [/quote]

The recommendation shows Peter's humility and Paul's considered reliability.[/b]
    "This thread I dedicate to the attempt to teach Christians to be embarrassed about Paul's faithful ministry to his Lord Jesus."

Are you sure you wrote that correctly?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:151 edit
    Thankyou.

Typo:

"This thread I dedicate to the attempt to teach Christians [not] to be embarrassed about Paul's faithful ministry to his Lord Jesus."
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:21
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Eternal life is in the Son of God.

[i]If we receive the witness of men, [b]the witness of God is greater:

for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:
    he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;
    because he believeth not the record that God gave of his S ...[text shortened]... ttle against the teachings and commandments of Christ.
    You therefore do not have the Son of God[/b]
    I gave you all day to come up with two false doctrines taught by brother Witness Lee, as you slanderously accused him.

You produced ZERO.
    And I regretted dignifying your ignorant and slanderous posts with reading or replying once again.

O course I can't stop you from bringing your trolling over to this thread now, trying to hijack it with more slanderous statements that you don't or can't validate.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:47
    I gave you all day to come up with two false doctrines taught by brother Witness Lee, as you slanderously accused him.

You produced [b]ZERO.

And I regretted dignifying your ignorant and slanderous posts with reading or replying once again.

O course I can't stop you from bringing your trolling over to this thread now, trying to hijack it with more slanderous statements that you don't or can't validate.[/b]
    Even the athesits here know of the false doctrine you [by extension Lee Nee etc] promote;
    - eternal torment for innocent people who do not know of Christ
    - Once Saved Always Saved.
    - Mouth worhsip
    - Mouth worshiping Christains will escape damnation
    - Following the commandments of Christ are not necessary for eternal life
    - Jesus Christ doctrine does not apple in the Age of Dispensationalism
    - The New Covenant invalidates the teachings of Christ

The whole entire thing is garbage
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 14:051 edit
    We owe much to Paul.

He spoke of "the Body of Christ".
    The Four Gospels say nothing about Christ's Body in that sense.

However Christ's discourse on the true Vine and the abiding branches in John 15 is very much the same concept as Paul's revelation of the Body of Christ.

When the original apostles heard Paul speak of the Body of Christ, i am positive that it reminded them of what they had heard from the Master about Him being the True Vine and the disciples loving one another and abiding in Him being the branches.

Together - the True Vine and the abiding branches really make one organic entity in Christ's teaching.

Together - the Head of the Body and the members of the Body ALSO form one organic entity.

The church owe much to Paul for teaching the same thing albeit in different words.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 14:151 edit
    Together - the True Vine and the abiding branches really make one organic entity in Christ's teaching.

Together - the Head of the Body and the members of the Body ALSO form one organic entity.

Where did Paul get this insight that Christ is the Head of His mystical Body and all His believers are the members of this mystical Body?

Perhaps he obtained it in his cataclysmic conversion on the road to Damascus. Jesus appeared to him and said -

"Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?"

It is possible that the impact of this so changed Paul's perception of reality that he was never the same. For him to persecute Christians was for him to persecute Jesus Himself.

The disciples under Paul's persecution was the "ME" of Jesus Himself:

"Saul, Saul, Why do you persecute ME?"

Jesus didn't say 'Why do you persecute my people?" or
    "Why do you persecute my believers?" or even
    "Why do you persecute my church?"

Jesus spoke to Him from heaven in His state of eye blinding glory driving him to the ground -

"Saul, Saul, Why do you persecute Me?"

How it happened we may not know for sure. We know that Paul taught that the Christian church has a life. It is a divine life of Jesus Christ. Christ is the Head of this Body. The saved are the members of this Body.

He further said that the Head and the Body together were "the Christ".

"For even as the body is one and has many members, yet all the members of the body, being many, are one body, so also is the Christ." (1 Cor. 12:12)

The Christian church owes much to this faithful apostle of Christ.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 22:46

Here we see the leading disciple [b]Peter
    , as an apostle recommending to the church the younger man Paul.

This is all the more striking in light of the fact that Paul ...[text shortened]... ) [/b] [/quote]

The recommendation shows Peter's humility and Paul's considered reliability.[/b]
    We owe much to Paul just like First Nation 'Indians' in the US view Christopher Columbus.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 16:233 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    We owe much to Paul just like First Nation 'Indians' in the US view Christopher Columbus.
    Who do I mean by "we" ?
    I take that as your point.

How can an atheist say he is part of the "we" that feels obligated to the Apostle Paul?

Maybe that's another discussion.

Maybe you could start another thread "Thanks for Nothing Paul!"
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '18 01:04
    Thankyou.

Typo:

"This thread I dedicate to the attempt to teach Christians [b] [not] to be embarrassed about Paul's faithful ministry to his Lord Jesus."
    [/b]
    Don’t feel bad. FMF’s got a typo in his profile. He forgot the word “be.”
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 06:30
    Paul completed the word of God.

"Of which I became a minister according to the stewardship of God, which was given to me for you, to complete the word of God." (Col. 1:25)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree