1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 02:21
    People turned away from Christ when he was teaching. When Jesus started saying you must eat my flesh & drink my blood! People where like what is he saying?

Manny
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 10:03
    Originally posted by menace71
    People turned away from Christ when he was teaching. When Jesus started saying you must eat my flesh & drink my blood! People where like what is he saying?

Manny
    LOL
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Most people dont understand what Christ meant by .. "... Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

Some dont becuase they choose not to know. But Christ explained clearly what He meant to the disciples because they were also confused.

I will tell you what Christ did NOT mean.
    1. Its NOT what Jaywill said ... "..I do mean that Christ is living and can be taken in. And He is enjoyable to let Him in more and more."
    2. Its NOT the eating bread and drinking wine (the Holy Supper) which Christ instituted.

Christ explained what He meant in John 6:63
    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Its the WORDS of Christ; his commandments, His instructions, His guidance, that gives life. He who follows the commandments of Christ will live forever. Its all about your WORKS. Christ's instructions about how to get salvation is about loving God and loving your neighbour as yourself. Its about giving and caring and helping and putting aside the things of this world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree