1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    23 Nov '13 00:58
    Few who are around today would have survived .
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    23 Nov '13 01:49
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Few who are around today would have survived .
    Why not?

    The Instructor
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    23 Nov '13 02:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why not?

    The Instructor
    The ark wouldn't be large enough.🙄
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Nov '13 02:42
    Woodworm?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    23 Nov '13 05:43
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The ark wouldn't be large enough.🙄
    How large would the ark have to be?

    The Instructor
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    23 Nov '13 06:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How large would the ark have to be?
    The Instructor
    To hold every type of snake, spider and insect I guess it would have to be pretty big. And you need to bring enough food for them to eat. 🙄🙄
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    23 Nov '13 06:422 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    To hold every type of snake, spider and insect I guess it would have to be pretty big. And you need to bring enough food for them to eat. 🙄🙄
    There was never a requirement to bring every type on the Ark. The command was just for certain kinds. The dimensions of the Ark indicate it was pretty big.

    God spells out to Noah the dimensions of the ark, 300 cubits by 50 by 30 – Using the longer "Egyptian royal cubit" of 529mm, this works out at 158.7m long by 26.45m wide by 15.87m high (520 feet 8 inches long by 86 feet 9.3 inches wide by 52 feet 0.8 inches high). If the 457.2mm (18" ) cubit is used, this works out at 137.16m long by 22.86m wide by 13.716m high (450 feet long by 75 feet wide by 45 feet high). The ark had three internal divisions (which are not actually called "decks", although presumably this is what is intended), a door in the side, and a sohar, which may be either a roof or a skylight.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Ark

    The Instructor
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    23 Nov '13 06:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There was never a requirement to bring every type on the Ark. The command was just for certain kinds. The dimensions of the Ark indicate it was pretty big.
    The Instructor
    But, but, if all types were not brought aboard then they would have to evolve. Garter snake becomes a boa constructor in just 5000 years. Certainly any creatures left outside the ark would have perished. Somehow that doesn't seem right. Please clarify which species of the snakes, spiders and insects were taken aboard. This could be important !
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    23 Nov '13 07:06
    Originally posted by caissad4
    But, but, if all types were not brought aboard then they would have to evolve. Garter snake becomes a boa constructor in just 5000 years. Certainly any creatures left outside the ark would have perished. Somehow that doesn't seem right. Please clarify which species of the snakes, spiders and insects were taken aboard. This could be important !
    It is not spelled out. However, there must have been enough species to produce all the varieties we see today through reproduction. You may call that evolving, but I don't.

    The Instructor
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    23 Nov '13 07:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is not spelled out. However, there must have been enough species to produce all the varieties we see today through reproduction. You may call that evolving, but I don't.
    The Instructor
    Wow. That sounds like magic ! I especially like how you don't let any facts get in the way of your imaginings. 🙄🙄🙄
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    23 Nov '13 08:38
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Wow. That sounds like magic ! I especially like how you don't let any facts get in the way of your imaginings. 🙄🙄🙄
    Yeah. The real facts are always on the side of the truth.

    The Instructor
  12. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Joined
    09 May '08
    Moves
    184259
    23 Nov '13 08:45
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Few who are around today would have survived .
    This is a very silly thread........
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    23 Nov '13 10:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Woodworm?
    User 46058
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615446
    24 Nov '13 00:44
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    This is a very silly thread........
    I am merely showing that there never was a "worldwide flood" 5000 years ago. Our world couldn't be the way it is today.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    24 Nov '13 05:02
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I am merely showing that there never was a "worldwide flood" 5000 years ago. Our world couldn't be the way it is today.
    You have failed.

    The Instructor
Back to Top