1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 23:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Thanks. Does this fundamentals carry with it the qualifier that josephw made in the statement I quoted in the OP?
    I define a Christian as one that follows the teachings of Christ, and not as a member of a Christian sect.

There are Christians in name who do not follow these teachings
    There are nonChristians who follow these teachings.

Not sure if that answers your questions.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 01:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is assumed a Christian would know. So when you, a professing Christian should ask about fundamental Christian beliefs, it leaves one wondering why you need to ask.
    Grampy Bobby and several other Christian posters in the past have started similar threads with similar questions and yet it never seemed to cause you to wonder out loud why they needed to ask.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 06:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby and several other Christian posters in the past have started similar threads with similar questions and yet it never seemed to cause you to wonder out loud why they needed to ask.
    "That isn't to say that all Christians agree about everything. Some aren't really Christians at all because they fail to believe God at His Word. They deny the basic fundamentals of the faith that God has revealed, and instead twist the scriptures to fit their own paradigm."

What intrigues me about Christians who make statements like this, is that they never seem to want to discuss or explain what parts of God's word that are not believed, exclude the person from being a "Christian".

It feels more like these Christians just want to throw a premise like this one out there, in order to take a 'head-down-fists-swinging' swipe at those Christians in here of whom they disapprove of.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 00:454 edits
    What do you believe are the essential points of doctrine, or even one central belief, that if not believed means one is not a true believer?
    I would say having the Spirit of Christ indwelling makes a person of Him - ie. of Christ.

" Yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him." (See Romans 8:9b)

So what does it mean? I think it means that those who have the Spirit of Christ are of Christ (Christians). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ is not of Him (Christ). Which not being of Christ I take to mean not Christian.

Its really not that hard when we realize in the last analysis only God knows for sure those who are of Him. Christians will at times make mistakes about who is in the brotherhood of believers and who is not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree