1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 05:59
    Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
    Follow Christians who can help you to learn to look away to Jesus in ALL that Jesus is, and ALL that Jesus has, and ALL that Jesus can be FOR His saved people.
    Out of the Christians here in this community, which ones would you recommend to divegeester as good ones to follow and which would you suggest he ought not to follow?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 06:091 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Out of the Christians here in this community, which ones would you recommend to divegeester as good ones to follow and which would you suggest he ought not to follow?
    Stop trying to lure me into a position that you will only exploit as self advertising or bragging on behalf of any particular poster here.

He has a conscience and the ability to pray.
    And I am pretty sure that your motive is only opposing and destructive to the Gospel.
    You don't care. So why hypocritically pretend that you have some inquisitive objectivity about it ?

If you are a believer in Jesus Christ then look away from yourself and look towards Jesus.
    Look away to Christ and all that He is.

Follow Christians who can help you to learn to look away to Jesus in ALL that Jesus is, and ALL that Jesus has, and ALL that Jesus can be FOR His saved people.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 06:35
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Well now, that's a refreshing admission. Who knows, maybe we have more in common than we might have thunk. 😉
    We are mere husks.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 06:37
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Stop trying to lure me into a position that you will only exploit as self advertising or bragging on behalf of any particular poster here.
    What I find interesting is that your self-anointed expertise is so wishy-washy and detached from reality.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 06:39
    If you are a believer in Jesus Christ then look away from yourself and look towards Jesus.
    Look away to Christ and all that He is.

Don't say you are a rubbish Christian if you indeed have rec ...[text shortened]... g the shame, and has sat down on the right hand of the throne of God." (Heb. 12:2)
    [/quote][/b]
    Thanks sonship.
    Don't judge my rubbishness by my rhp life and persona; arguing on the internet is the least of my foibles.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Dive has created his own Christianity.
    But everyone does. [Whether they admit it, or not, or even if they are unaware they are doing it!] All reading is interpreted by the reader. Certain passages are more striking and memorable to some than others. Certain rules are found too inconvenient to follow for some readers. [My guess is, every believer has their own non-null set of ignored rules...]

Show me two Christians who agree on all the articles of their faith, and I will show you two people who don't know each other's spiritual beliefs very well.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 09:14
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    But everyone does. [Whether they admit it, or not, or even if they are unaware they are doing it!] All reading is interpreted by the reader. Certain passages are more striking and memorable to some than others. Certain rules are found too inconvenient to follow for some readers.

Show me two Christians who agree on all the articles of their faith, and I will show you two people who don't know each other's spiritual beliefs very well.
    Spot on.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 10:401 edit
    What I find interesting is that your self-anointed expertise is so wishy-washy and detached from reality.
    I don't know what you mean by self anointed unless you're just mad because someone believes something strongly. That's not suppose to happen perhaps in your opinion. So "self-anointed" is the label you use for people with convictions.

You have some strange contradiction going on there. One is self-anointed and yet wishy-washy. Sounds to me that the undecided one is you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 10:521 edit
    I don't know what you mean by self anointed unless you're just mad because someone believes something strongly.
    I have no objection to you believing something strongly.

"Self-anointed" refers to you starting a thread in order to "teach" people, at your own behest, with post after past after post in a row with no indication of what it is you want to discuss or debate, and then turning out to be engaged in mere talk-the-talk regurgitation of unoriginal rote-learned ideas with no application to real life and detached from the reality of this community, and then getting all bruised-vanity and huffy when your monologues are interrupted etc.

"Self-anointed" in that sense. Sorry, I thought you would have sensed that meaning without me having to spell it all out.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 10:53
    You have some strange contradiction going on there. One is self-anointed and yet wishy-washy.
    No. There's no contradiction. [1] Self-anointed. [2] Wishy-washy. They are compatible, not mutually exclusive or contradictory at all.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 11:13

"Self-anointed" refers to you starting a thread in order to "teach" people, at your own behest, with post after past after post in a row with no indication of what it is you want to discuss or debate, and then turning out to be engaged in mere talk-the-talk regurgitation of unoriginal rote-learned ide ...[text shortened]... ense. Sorry, I thought you would have sensed that meaning without me having to spell it all out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh? just about very post from you to me is an objection.
    That is an objection framed as a question.

"Self-anointed" refers to you starting a thread in order to "teach" people, at your own behest, with post after past after post in a row with no indication of what it is you want to discuss or debate, and then turning out to be engaged in mere talk-the-talk regurgitation of unoriginal rote-learned ideas with no application to real life and detached from the reality of this community, and then getting all bruised-vanity and huffy when your monologues are interrupted etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm talking with you right now.
    I have also done so in the past.
    I do not feel obligated to do so always and perpetually.

As for teaching style - this is back to your being annoyed that one would have firm convictions I suppose. There's a lot to learn for some people about truth / spirituality / and the word of God.

"Self-anointed" in that sense. Sorry, I thought you would have sense that without me having to spell it all out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are slinging around words like "anointed" in "self-anointed" and I ask myself - "Aside from the jargon like use of the term, I wonder if this guy knows anything really about the significance of the word anointed".

Then I am compelled to "teach" about what the significance of "anointed" is in the Bible.
    In your case I don't think you would appreciate it.

But anyway there is a lot to learn and discuss.
    I reject your exaggeration that I do not or rarely discuss.
    I try to understand the viewpoints of those who I am speaking to.
    I do not always succeed, it is important for me to accurately represent the opinions of those with whom I am talking with.

Recently, KellyJay and I were going back and forth about whether or not God "needs" anything. I reject insinuation from you or anyone else that I didn't "discuss" the matter.

The same could be said for many other threads.
    Besides I find your style of piece-meal batting with questions to be similarly annoying.
    But its your prerogative.

You do your style and I'll do mine.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 11:25
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Wiki says that there are 2.2 billion christians in the world. (A minority among people.)
    But you lean on only half af these are real christians? Like 1.1 billion? (A yet smaller minority?)
    I didn't say all Christians. Yet another faulty assumption.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 11:26
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds to me like your just mad because you don't have anything worth telling anyone.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 11:43
    Huh? just about very post from you to me is an objection.
    That is an objection framed as a question.
    I let literally thousands of things you say pass without objection or observation or comment because I have no objection or no observation or comment to make. Thousands and thousands. Most of what you say, in fact. And if you ever say anything realistic or valuable - on a spiritual plane [as opposed to a retail religion dogma-thon plane] - or if you ever talk about practical applications of your religious beliefs that impress or demand admiration [Christians have been doing this all around me for my entire life] then I will come out and say so.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 11:45
    Sounds to me like your just mad because you don't have anything worth telling anyone.
    It's OK by me if you don't think I have anything worth saying. Really. It is. But you're mistaken if you think I am 'angry'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree