1. Earth
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 14:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yep .. 'bodies arose' is one clue. Another one is the fact that SAINTS were raised from the dead, not just any old body. Saints I would presume are already spiritually alive. So to claim that spiritually alive saints were made spirtually alive sounds foolish to me. I think Varqa is trying to make a point without thinking it through carefully.
    Paul was a spiritual man and a saint, but he said:

I die daily. 1 Corinthians

This also means he is resurrected daily.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Paul was a spiritual man and a saint, but he said:

I die daily. 1 Corinthians

This also means he is resurrected daily.
    Paul did not physically die daily. He did not resurrect physically daily.

He died to his independent self daily, as each Christian is obligated to do. He resurrected daily in the sense that such self denial did not obliterate him psychologically. Rather it forced him to live out the Christ who was within him.

An example:

You are a Christian. You are in bad traffic. A motorist cuts you off. You self rises up. You want to chase after him and give him a loud horn or a good scolding. You're whole being is itching to give this guy a piece of your mind, maybe even a punch in the mouth. Nobody, but nobody does that to YOU !

But you have been learning the lesson to die with Christ and live with Him.

So instead of blowing up you begin to excersize your praying spirit. You pray "Oh Lord Jesus this guy just aggravated me. But I love you Lord Jesus. I thank you for how you have forgiven me. Lord, strengthen me to forgive this person from my heart. Lord I praise you. Lord Jesus I love you. Thank you Lord Jesus."

Your temper goes to the cross. Your temper dies. Instead the peace of Christ begins to fill your heart - to flood your mind. The terrible anger melts in His love and in His presence. Frustration is turned to joy. Anger is turned to worship. Pain is converted to the enjoyment of the grace of the Lord.

You have just died to self. You have just been resurrected with the resurrection life of Christ dwelling in your spirit.

Now what happens? I'll tell you what happens. The next time someone does something like that to you you are surprised by your own reaction. You should be infuriated. But somehow there is a peace within. Your skin seems to have gotten thicker. The injury does not penetrate you. You do not lose your peace. You do not lose your internal joy.

You have been a little bit transformed. If you are faithful to bear the cross, one day the cross will bear you. You will be lifted up above the flood by the very cross which you bore.

You become untouchable more and more. The resurrection life cannot be destroyed. If you are fearful to preserve it then it must not be resurrection. Nothing can put down resurrection.

It is through this kind of dying daily and being resurrected daily that the Christian is transformed more and more into the image of Christ.

Paul knew the program. He knew the game. You die to yourself and you enjoy the indwelling Jesus Christ instead.
  3. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 02:31
    Originally posted by jaywill

He died to his independent self daily, as each Christian is obligated to do. He resurrected daily in the sense that such self denial did not obliterate him psychologically. Rather it forced him to live out the Christ who was within him.

An example:

You are a Christian. You ...[text shortened]... am. He knew the game. You die to yourself and you enjoy the indwelling Jesus Christ instead.
    Perfect answer. This is the sign of a true Christian.
  4. Earth
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 06:48
    Originally posted by jaywill

An example:

You are a Christian. You ...[text shortened]... am. He knew the game. You die to yourself and you enjoy the indwelling Jesus Christ instead.
    That’s very good, Jaywill. Here is another passage that says the same thing.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. ROM 8:13

The language is poetic and symbolic, but the bottom line is that if we allow our physical desires to rule us, we die. We must die to ourselves by resisting our self and to live a spiritual life the way He taught us.

God, in His infinite wisdom, has created the world in a way to give us hints. When you plant a seed, the seed gets destroyed and out of it the plant grows. After the plant is grown, you can find no trace of the seed. Unless the seed dies there will be no plant.

But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die. 1COR 15:35

So the dying to the self and being raised in Him is resurrection. The people at the time of Jesus all lived in the flesh. They were all dead to Him. Those who recognized and followed Him were resurrected,

Today, the same thing is happening. Big majorities of the people on earth are dead, and a resurrection is needed. Here again God has given us hints in nature. See how life, death and resurrection are seen in the Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring again. See how the sun rises in the morning, like the sun of truth and bathes the world in its warmth and light. It then eventually sets and the world is plunged into darkness as people forget God and get back to the flesh. Soon the sun must rise again to enlighten the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree