1. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 07:00
    I've read and heard a lot about people saying that if you lived a religious, god-worshiping existence you go to heaven and if you didn't, off to hell with you, but is there really a heaven or a hell? what evidence do religions have to prove that paradise is all sunshine and rainbows or hell being a flaming sulphurous pit? Maybe that's where the "faith" part comes in...

I've done some research on the paranormal and near-death experiences and have come across some interesting cases. Carl Jung had a near-death experience. He suffered a heart attack and felt his spirit leave his body. Then he found himself in front of a temple. He also saw a hindu man sitting in the lotus position and Jung felt he was about to discover the meaning of life itself when the doctor who was operating on him appared in the guise of an ancient Roman healer telling him he had to return to Earth.

Heaven, hell, the afterlife, re-incarnation... Nothing at all? Any guesses as to what a post bucket-kicking existence might be like?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 10:17
    Originally posted by D3vilBoy
    I've read and heard a lot about people saying that if you lived a religious, god-worshiping existence you go to heaven and if you didn't, off to hell with you, but is there really a heaven or a hell? what evidence do religions have to prove that paradise is all sunshine and rainbows or hell being a flaming sulphurous pit? Maybe that's where the "faith" part ...[text shortened]... n... Nothing at all? Any guesses as to what a post bucket-kicking existence might be like?
    You might find this a little interesting:

www.insightsofgod.com
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 17:06
    1. you give your hard earned money away
    2. you have the good long rest your hard earned money has earned you
    3. you haunt the m****r f****r who screwed you over during life
  4. Joined
    14 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 17:55
    I've read and heard a lot about people saying that if you lived a religious, god-worshiping existence you go to heaven and if you didn't, off to hell with you, but is there really a heaven or a hell? what evidence do religions have to prove that paradise is all sunshine and rainbows or hell being a flaming sulphurous pit? Maybe that's where the "faith" part ...[text shortened]... n... Nothing at all? Any guesses as to what a post bucket-kicking existence might be like?
    In order to answer you, you must first decide what your basis of truth is. Is it the Koran? the Bible? the Torah?...all religions present differing views so it is impossible to tell you exactly what happens after you die, because that is too vague a question.

If you would like me to present my views, I will, because I think I have alot more than a guess, but it will be a round-about way in proving it. It is a long process. First proving the reliability of the Bible, then proving the validity of Jesus and His teaching, then once we have that grounded, I can not only tell you what happens after you die but hopefully prove it as well. However I may start new threads, splitting each up into a different one. Then once the critics and skeptics have their say, with my defense, I will of course let you make the decision for yourself on what you think, after this evidence is presented, will happen after you die.
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 19:04
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    First proving the reliability of the Bible, then proving the validity of Jesus and His teaching, then once we have that grounded, I can not only tell you what happens after you die but hopefully prove it as well.
    If it were actually provable then this forum wouldn't exist. We'd all have joined your church by now.
  6. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 19:10
    The square of the hypoteneuse equals the sum of the squares of the other two sides. This can be PROVED which is why Taoists, Christians, Muslims, Native Americans, Jews and Hindus all AGREE on it. If this is the case with your proof then please share it with us.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 19:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 20:08
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?
    Did no one tell Simba?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 20:211 edit
    I've read and heard a lot about people saying that if you lived a religious, god-worshiping existence you go to heaven and if you didn't, off to hell with you, but is there really a heaven or a hell? what evidence do religions have to prove that paradise is all sunshine and rainbows or hell being a flaming sulphurous pit? Maybe that's where the "faith" part n... Nothing at all? Any guesses as to what a post bucket-kicking existence might be like?
    From what I have heard in regards to near death experiences, people tend to have similar stories of floating above their bodies and possibly into other rooms and then they are taken away towards a light of some kind. They tend to have a feeling of love and peace while on this journey. In my opinion, this is the transition from this life to the next and should not be considered what it is like on the other side per sey. Scientists of coarse try to explain this away and say it is all due to chemical reactions of a dying brain. The most compelling stories I have found to be about people who leave their bodies and can repeat conversations that occured while they were supposidly dead and had no other way to know about. One person in particular had been blind his entire life. Then while he was undergoing his near death experience he could see for the first time. When he came back he then was able to explain what it was like to see.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 21:30
    Decomposition.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Decomposition.
    So you think that is all that Beethoven is doing in his grave?

What about us poor fellas that haven't composed anything?
  12. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 21:42
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Through all Four Seasons

yes i know it wasnt him who did that
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 22:55
    Originally posted by ngeisler88
    you must first decide what your basis of truth is. Is it the Koran? the Bible? the Torah?...all religions present differing views
    Is religion or religious scripture the only option for truth in these matters? Almost all of them propound some sort of comforting life-after-death existence. Seems like eons of subjective human experience and gathered information points to death as being rather...terminal.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 22:56

Would it somehow diminish what he did while he was alive?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 23:44

All your sentences fall apart when you die.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree