1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 23:092 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne
    Looks like I got you and Divegeester mixed up.

The flow was therefore awkward.

But while you are on the subject of "logical" - Isn't it logical that if Christ is called a Minister of the holy places today, that He still has a ministry ?

If illogical, explain why ?

Otherwise "during His ministry" includes right now today.

[quote] [b] ...[text shortened]...
    It is LOGICAL that Christ, according to the New Testament, still has a ministry going on, isn't it?
    But while you are on the subject of "logical" - Isn't it logical that if Christ is called a Minister of the holy places today, that He still has a ministry ?

If illogical, explain why ?

It's illogical for you to be asking that question of me, given that the passage you quoted wasn't spoken by Jesus.

Did you get me and DG mixed up again?

Not too long ago I had to explain to KJ that Paul isn't Jesus. That Jesus is Jesus. Tell me that I don't have to explain that to you too.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 00:133 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

It's illogical for you to be asking that question of me, given that the passage you quoted wasn't spoken by Jesus.

Not too long ago I had to explain to KJ that Paul isn't Jesus. That Jesus is Jesus. Tell me that I don't have to explain that to you too.

So you do not accept the book of Hebrews as the word of God ?

How about Acts ?
    How about Romans?

Nothing there from God to us ?

How about First and Second Corinthians ?
    How about Ephesians, Galatians, Philippians, and Colossians ?

Do you reject Christ's delagated authority of these writings?

BUT ... you want us all to regard YOU ... ThinkOfOne ... as having the REAL inside story on Jesus Christ. We are to reject the apostles but depend on your insight as to what the New Testament is really all about ?

Paul needed to come to YOU.
    John, Peter, Luke, James, Jude, the writer of Hebrews (I think was Paul) all these need to get the true inside story on Jesus Christ from YOUR authoritative interpretation.

This is an old error. John wrote the believers -

"Young children, it is the last hour; and even as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come; whereby we know that it is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out that they might be manifested that they all are not of us." (1 John 2:18-19)

You went out, not sent by God, to preach "another Jesus". You manifest that you are not of the disciples and went out from them.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 00:301 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

So you do not accept the book of Hebrews ...[text shortened]... ach [b]"another Jesus". You manifest that you are not of the disciples and went out from them.
    What's wrong exactly with someone having a different take on the meaning and implications of Jesus life? If ThinkOfOne's emphasis on obeying Jesus' commandments results in people living their lives in a more morally sound way, isn't that a positive thing?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 08:54
    @fmf said
    What's wrong exactly with someone having a different take on the meaning and implications of Jesus life? If ThinkOfOne's emphasis on obeying Jesus' commandments results in people living their lives in a more morally sound way, isn't that a positive thing?
    Because it doesn’t align with how sonship thinks and sonship is the “teacher” here. Wake up!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 11:224 edits
    @divegeester

Because it doesn’t align with how sonship thinks and sonship is the “teacher” here. Wake up!

That is a slanderous lie.
    I consider myself A teacher here, not THE teacher here.
    Did I ever insist I was the only poster here who could teach?

Also because you cannot defeat our use of the Scriptures at times, you pull a sour grapes devaluation of the use of the Scriptures.

Ie. "Oh Your Bible quotations mean nothing."
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:23
    As far as I can see NOBODY came forward and said they got any help from my posts. I think they've had enough time.

So that should tell you guys something.
    Beat me over the head with that and be happy.

Case closed.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 14:35
    'When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.'

Proverbs 11:2
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:32
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

That is a slanderous lie.
    I consider myself A teacher here, not THE teacher here.
    Did I ever insist I was the only poster here who could teach?

Also because you cannot defeat our use of the Scriptures at time ...[text shortened]... grapes devaluation of the use of the Scriptures.

Ie. "Oh Your Bible quotations mean nothing."
    Ok you claim to be “a” teacher.

How slanderous, shame on me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 06:33
    @sonship said
    As far as I can see NOBODY came forward and said they got any help from my posts. I think they've had enough time.

So that should tell you guys something.
    Beat me over the head with that and be happy.

Case closed.
    Several of us here have been telling you for years that your pages and pages and pages of vainglorious pitches are reaching the batsman.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:016 edits
    @divegeester
    Several of us here have been telling you for years that your pages and pages and pages of vainglorious pitches are reaching the batsman.

For many centuries unbelievers have been telling Christians they are wasting their time to announce the Gospel.

People's hesitancy for saying in public on the Internet "Hey, here you helped me" can vary. It doesn't bother me very much.

Did you imagine me being crushed with disappointment ?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:201 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    For many centuries unbelievers have been telling Christians they are wasting their time to announce the Gospel.
    But you don't "announce the gospel" do you.

What you do is pontificate over your own pet teachings.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:362 edits
    @divegeester

Let this thread die already.

You have not been able prove a "pet teaching" I had that could not be substantiated in the Bible.

Maybe you have attempted, feebly, to argue that Luke 12:4,5 forms my "pet teaching".

By the way, I have received many PMs over the years encouraging me to "keep it up" or some equivalent. So if some don't want to publicly say "Hey, sonships' post helped me here" that's OK.

Their PM of encouragement was some indication of their benefit.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:39
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Let this thread die already.

You have not been able prove a "pet teaching" I had that could not be substantiated in the Bible.

Maybe you have attempted, feebly, to argue that Luke 12:4,5 forms my "pet teaching".

By the ...[text shortened]... helped me here" [/i] that's OK.

Their PM of encouragement was some indication of their benefit.
    I also think you should "keep it up".

This is a free forum.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:41
    @divegeester

Identify THREE of the things I taught which are the biggest private "pet teachings" of mine.

In your next post.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 13:42
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Identify THREE of the things I taught which are the biggest private "pet teachings" of mine.

In your next post.
    I’ll name two

1) The trinity

2) Eternal suffering

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree