1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 02:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well Duh. I don't know how many times we have said life origin is a different discipline than evolution, which is what happens after life arrives.

You continue to degrade evolution because we don't know exactly how life got here.

These sciences are very young, it would be like giving a 4 year old a stern talking to because she can't do differential ca ...[text shortened]... here but it still will have ZERO to do with evolution.

You are talking out your ass as usual.
    If evolution can not explain how a fish or a lion got here, then why should I believe they know how man got here?

Scientists are in the learning process, as you say, however, they talk as if they got it all figured out already. That is my problem with the evolutionists. They obviously don't have it figured out.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 16:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mostly, when people start bandying around accusations of supposed "hate speech", it turns out that they are just trying to inhibit the free speech of people they disagree with.
    I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. The problem is the inflammable and derogatory remarks which are designed to insult and degrade both me and my God.

You're just obfuscating again.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 16:41
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Not sure who "they" are but you obviously know otherwise you would not be saying this.

So who are "they"?
    And give 2 examples of them "beginning to produce a reasoned argument proving God doesn't exist"

Or alternatively SHUT UP.
    You shut up and read the thread.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 19:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    You shut up and read the thread.
    Cant answer the question.
    Then you are a liar or an idiot or probably both.
    Best if you .... SHUT UP
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 10:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Cant answer the question.
    Then you are a liar or an idiot or probably both.
    Best if you .... SHUT UP
    Can't read the thread? You should shut up already.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 00:44
    Can't read the thread? You should shut up already.
    Cry baby!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 01:39
    I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me. The problem is the inflammable and derogatory remarks which are designed to insult and degrade both me and my God.

You're just obfuscating again.
    Interesting that you should say that, I can scarcely think of many posters here LESS able than you to process disagreement. There was a poster on the Debates Forum (who used several different names) who directed hate speech at sh76 because he was a Jew and the posts were removed and the poster banned. What was in some of these supposed hate speech posts that were directed at you because you were a Christian?
  8. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    02 Sep '14 05:36
    You are DEFINITELY afraid of people getting too much knowledge, like how, in the future, perhaps we figure out how to turn minerals and water into a bacteria never before seen on Earth, or taking genes from a frog and turning that into a lizard, now breaking the theological rule of only a god can turn a kind into a different kind.

I can't help feeling yo ...[text shortened]... So we will lift ourselves up by our bootstraps or die by our own hand, not god comes to our aid.
    There is no such rule. If God can do it then it follows that it can be done.

But a 2 year old learning to say one word doesn't equate to a PhD in language.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 15:04
    [b]"You refuse to get to MY issue. I said, 100 million died at the hands of despots, and all the religious crew here could say it, yeah but those despots were those disgusting atheists."

I get your issue. You can't reconcile a world of hate and violence with the concept of a creator God because you think the two don't mix. I get that!

I don't give ...[text shortened]... trying to provoke you sonhouse. I appreciate your honesty, but I'm just trying to be honest too![/b]
    I didn't twist ANY truth, I simply said no deity lifted a rhetorical finger to stop all those deaths and it is my position a real deity would have been appalled by that level of murder and would have done something about it.

You seem to think it is all going to work out in the end, all those murdered, all those children, all those unborn children will somehow end up in some afterlife.
    So what is the afterlife of an unborn child going to be? What is going to be the afterlife of a murdered one month old infant? Is it all of a sudden going to be a highly appreciative adult looking around in wonder all of a sudden being in your concept of heaven?

I am just saying the 100 million deaths shows ME quite clearly it could just as easily have been 100 BILLION deaths, in other words, every human on the planet dead and no deity would stop it.

Just saying if there is a deity, we hold no special place in its pantheon of life and it is just as likely there is no deity in the first place, the whole edifice of religion just made up by humans for the specific purpose to control other people and build up a political power base which is exactly what I see going on in ALL organized religions today with very few exceptions. For instance, the Bahai faith builds no churches, doesn't spend huge amounts of money on them, but instead concentrating on actual spirituality.

I still think they, just like every other religion on Earth, are ALL man made.

There are just too many religions floating around killing each other in the name of some god or other and no deity responds, NO RESPONSE to all that religious based killing going on as we speak and for the past couple thousand years, like the Crusades and the present Jihadists and such.

If your deity was like the ancient ones in old Israel, they got directly talked to, now the only thing we get is charlatans trying to and succeeding, in making people THINK a deity talks to them and they therefore are at the top of the religious totem pole and handing out wisdom and such, and of course taking in millions to support their lifestyle.

THAT is clearly man made. So why can't you see your own religion in that same light?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 22:33
    I didn't twist ANY truth, I simply said no deity lifted a rhetorical finger to stop all those deaths and it is my position a real deity would have been appalled by that level of murder and would have done something about it.

You seem to think it is all going to work out in the end, all those murdered, all those children, all those unborn children will so ...[text shortened]... festyle.

THAT is clearly man made. So why can't you see your own religion in that same light?
    My religion warns of these other false teachers and antichrists with their false Satanic religions and doctrines of demons. We are are not to accept these other gods, like Allah, and their prophets, like Muhammad, or their religious books and doctrines, like the Quran and Islam.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Sep '14 23:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    .., I can scarcely think of many posters here LESS able than you to process disagreement.
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

All you and your confederates do in this forum is find personal fault with anyone that disagrees with you!

Atheist debate tactic.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 00:21
    So why can't you see your own religion in that same light?
    I don't have a religion. Contrary to all you may think. I do have something, and it's not an illusion. For you, and any other that supposes that what I have is an illusion, that is of necessity. How else can you explain it to yourself? It has to be that I am imagining that the Spirit of God is in me. You need that to be an illusion for your world view to make sense to you.

You lament heavily the human condition, and the scapegoat is religion. Some of that is true, but all institutions are man made, so which are the more to blaim? Religion effects only what, 10% of all people? What about the other 90%?

I'd guess that the 90% never even think about God for more than a minute a day, if that, but they are probably responsible for most of the misery.

We tend to think narrowly about this life, and project that vision on the masses of humanity in an effort to rationalize injustice. Most of what happens daily occurs so slowly we miss it, and when a catastrophe happens, such as a world war, we need to find the cause. The cause isn't what people believe, it's what they do that's the cause.

10% of the world say they believe in God, and do just what everyone else is doing. They don't know God. I think the real number is closer to 1% that actually know God, and are known of God.

What they are doing isn't the cause of the problems.

Just my thoughts. I'm not going to try to defend them.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 00:341 edit
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

All you and your confederates do in this forum is find personal fault with anyone that disagrees with you!

Atheist debate tactic.
    I come up with my estimation of you from what you write.

Isn't stepping away from the discussion in hand [which was about "hate speech"] and instead declaring something like...

...merely an example of "finding personal fault with someone who disagrees" and isn't it simply a "debate tactic" on your part?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '14 00:51
    I don't have a religion. Contrary to all you may think. I do have something, and it's not an illusion. For you, and any other that supposes that what I have is an illusion, that is of necessity. How else can you explain it to yourself? It has to be that I am imagining that the Spirit of God is in me. You need that to be an illusion for your world view to make sense to you.
    I think channelling your imagination and hopes into religionist illusions and supposed "certainties" is a natural and common aspect of our human spirit and the wider human condition. I think it is normal for humans to invest in supernatural "answers". Simply saying "I don't have a religion" does not alter the fact that you do have a religion. And the strength of your convictions is not evidence of anything other than the existence of your mind map and the mind map of "believers" like you, and your sincerity cannot will any of the things you believe into existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree