1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:10
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    If God is all knowing ie. knows the future then he does not have free will.
    For him to know the future it is already mapped out.
    If he does not have free will he would not permit us to have free will.
    Therefore to punish us for our sins when we have no choice means God is a monstrous psychopath.
    He simply lets us decide to follow him or not.

And then when he says, "Ok, you want out, you're out", people call him a psychopath.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:14
    Originally posted by vistesd
    The question is whether or not most Christians will accept that version of (contingent) omniscience.
    Maybe if someone explained it with understandable language.

Logic equations give me a headache. Just explain it to me in a way I can understand. You don't have to try to earn a doctorate with every conversation.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    God is eternal, we are the ones that have our place within a universe with a beginning
    and an end. In it we are free to do as we will, and you can see the results of our freedom
    by watching the news. We don't have a stinking clue what an eternal being has with
    respect to limitations and knowledge, we live in this very small sliver of time called now
    that is so small its beginning is in the same place as its end. You assume to much.
    Bravo. Well said.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What if
    its all a crock of shyte
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 09:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe if someone explained it with understandable language.

Logic equations give me a headache. Just explain it to me in a way I can understand. You don't have to try to earn a doctorate with every conversation.
    Coming to any reliable conclusion about what is logically possible, or logically impossible requires

... wait for it ...

Reveal Hidden Content
    the language of logic!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 13:30
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Coming to any reliable conclusion about what is logically possible, or logically impossible requires

... wait for it ...

[hidden]the language of logic![/hidden]
    The language of humans is better, and to me, far more preferable.

"Logically possible" doesn't mean much to me, sorry. It either is, or is not.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 13:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What if God knows when we have been well informed yet still wishes to maintain our
    ability to deny Him? What if He understands completely and all the errors are on us?

What if we are on a planet ruled by powers of darkness whose hate towards God and us
    makes them want to keep us in denial about God least we turn towards Him so they are
    always pumping us with disinformation so we always have an excuse to avoid Him?
    What if, indeed.
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 13:35
    Originally posted by redbadger
    its all a crock of shyte
    Succinctly Put
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 16:57
    Originally posted by C Hess
    ...and simply underestimated the powerful combination of the human intellect and free will?

If I'm a god, and I wish to imprint in my believers a sense of my greatness, would I cheat? For instance, if I wanted to stop the sun in the sky, would I actually do that (with all the physical consequences it would have that I would have to keep track on), or would ...[text shortened]... s perspective, of course)?

😲

In hindsight, he probably shouldn't have been so lazy.

😕
    You are thinking the 7 day theory is what "All" Christians believe?!?. I for one do not. God created us with minds to think, to reason, to figure things out. If God had the sun stop, then if God is God, everything else would be unaffected. Natural laws are created by God too! So when a miracle does take place, all the more it is a miracle. Now God is working outside of natural law, to make a point. The miracles of Moses time. Some can be explained with natural law, but there are others that can't be explained.

It takes faith to believe in God, and sometimes it just doesn't make any sense to do so. In my own life, I can not deny the existence of God. There has been too much proof. But I also know God well enough, that He likes things like this forum, because it/we challenge each other. Sure, there are tons of redderick (can't think of how to spell it). But we still challenge each other to think.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 20:25
    its all a crock of shyte
    Yeah, I figured he was trying to say something like that. As sonhouse would say that is his MO. 😏
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 20:30
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    You are thinking the 7 day theory is what "All" Christians believe?!?. I for one do not. God created us with minds to think, to reason, to figure things out. If God had the sun stop, then if God is God, everything else would be unaffected. Natural laws are created by God too! So when a miracle does take place, all the more it is a miracle. Now God is workin ...[text shortened]... tons of redderick (can't think of how to spell it). But we still challenge each other to think.
    It is spelled rhetoric. I good word for a spelling bee.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 09:182 edits
    He simply lets us decide to follow him or not.

And then when he says, "Ok, you want out, you're out", people call him a psychopath.
    No, it's when he decides to wipe out entire groups of people, or when he decides to punish not just the offenders but every generation that follows, or he punishes an individual for an infinit eternity, that we call him a psychopath. That, I'd think, would be a very good definition of psychopathy. If he said: "Fine, don't follow me", and then when we die we're gone, that'd be fine.

That would be the same as if there is no god, which of course is most likely the case, and that's fine by me.
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 09:25
    Originally posted by C Hess
    ...and simply underestimated the powerful combination of the human intellect and free will?

If I'm a god, and I wish to imprint in my believers a sense of my greatness, would I cheat? For instance, if I wanted to stop the sun in the sky, would I actually do that (with all the physical consequences it would have that I would have to keep track on), or would ...[text shortened]... s perspective, of course)?

😲

In hindsight, he probably shouldn't have been so lazy.

😕
    If he exists he must be one cruel sarcastic devious Twat.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 09:31
    "Logically possible" doesn't mean much to me, sorry. It either is, or is not.
    Is this mug of tea before me empty?
    Is it?
    Isnt it?

You don't know ... but maybe ... its logically possible.

Do I have a fairy balancing on my fingertip?
    Do I?
    Don't I?

You don't know. But logically ...............................
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 09:32
    If he exists he must be one cruel sarcastic devious Twat.
    Sarcastic and devious yes ... but calling the Creator of everything a twat?
    Credit where credits due!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree