1. England
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 16:52
    jesus had died differently, say if he lived and died 100 years ago and been shot or hung, what would we christians use as a symbol, the bullet, or the noose, or
    even if he had been stabed to death by a jew would the knife be our symbol???
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 17:08
    Originally posted by stoker
    if he had been stabed to death by a jew would the knife be our symbol???
    Yes.
  3. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 17:16
    the bullet would really upset science theories!
  4. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:03
    fish?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:14
    jesus had died differently, say if he lived and died 100 years ago and been shot or hung, what would we christians use as a symbol, the bullet, or the noose, or
    And if he had been drowned, would everyone be walking around with a little aquarium around their necks?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:43
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    And if he had been drowned, would everyone be walking around with a little aquarium around their necks?
    Alternative deaths for Jesus (I'll start):

Car crash. Symbol: Rolls Royce hood ornament.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 18:52
    What if he died 'straining at the stool', like Elvis?

Imagine, he might have gone up to heaven via the public sewer system.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:185 edits
    =============================

==============================

It is important to realize that the death of Jesus was not simply the death of common martyrdom. The Gospels make this point:

Jesus was upon the cross for six hours. In the first three hours he suffered the persecution of mankind. And the misfortunes which befell Him were those things over which man has control - whips, thorns, nails, beatings, crucifying.

But from the 9th hour the things related to the death of Jesus were things which human beings do not have control. The sky grew dark at midday. There was an earthquake. Darkness upon the earth and the shaking of the ground were not subject to man's control but only God's control.

The curtain of the temple which separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies was torn asunder. The tearing of the curtain was from the top to the bottom rather than from the bottom up. The point of the Holy Spirit is that the tearing was from God in heaven.

It is during these last three hours where Jesus suffered the sins of the world being put on Him by God the Father. In the first half of His ordeal He suffered the persecution of man. In the second half of His suffering He suffered the supernatural judgment of God for the sins of the world. It is at this time He cried out:

"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabathani" Or "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken Me?"

The paschal lamb in the Old Testament was not to be boiled. It was to be roasted. This signifies that Christ's death was not the death of a common humanistic martyrdom as say the deaths of Abraham Lincoln, J.F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, or Martin Luther King.

The death of Christ was not the boiling of the lamb but the roasting of the Lamb of God by the divine judgment of God.

This does not directly address your question. But hopefully you will go back to the gospels, read them again, and see. The more significant the person, the more significant the death of that person. The death of Christ was the matter of divine occurance.

Don't make too much about bullets, and other methods of killing. These are somewhat besides the point I think. Rather pay attention to the eternal significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:40
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=============================

It is important to realize that the de ...[text shortened]... Rather pay attention to the eternal significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus.[/b]
    It's customary to list your sources when you plagiarize something.
  10. Gangster Land
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 19:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=============================

It is important to realize that the de ...[text shortened]... Rather pay attention to the eternal significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus.[/b]
    Tell me...when Jesus was crucified did he know what he was doing? For instance, did he know he was providing a path to salvation for every soul that has ever or will ever exist on earth? Also, did he know he would be resurrected, and eventually find his way to heaven to sit with his Father?
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What if he died 'straining at the stool', like Elvis?

Imagine, he might have gone up to heaven via the public sewer system.
    I've always found the Great White Telephone somewhat awe-inspiring. A regular portal to the beyond.

But it's hard to imagine anyone straining so hard they eviscerate themselves and flop into the john.
  12. chupacabra palace
    Moves
    07 Feb '08 22:19
    yea wat if they shoved a patatoe down his throat and he died choking on that, would you wear a patatoe around your neck.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 00:465 edits
    ===========================

=================================

Sounds to me like you're projecting.

Are you projecting your own personality onto me? I have no intention of impressing you or anyone else here with "Look I can say something original people !"

Are you thinking that I am here to impress you with my original thinking?

When have I been shy about providing links for further reading to those who are interested?

You can start oout by seeing where I get my ideas by reading the New Testament.

www.regenerated.net Read about it

www.godseconomy.org Read some more about it.

Get yourself a Recovery Bible and study the footnotes.

Let me recommend some books to you:

The Glorious Chrurch By Watchman Nee

The Normal Christian Life Also by Watchman Nee

The Invisible War Donald Barnhouse

At any rate I have not the slightest inclination with impressing you or anyone else with the originality of my creativaty. I only care to talk about the truths in the Bible.

I have been heavily influenced by the ministry of Witness Lee, Watchman Nee, Robert Govett, D.M. Panton, G.H. Pember.

Anything else you need to know about where I learn my theology from? Just ask.

And stop projecting your own aspirations to be an original showoff, onto me.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 00:502 edits
    rwingett,

What kind of idiot assumes that you are violating a copyright by expounding on the New Testament text?

"Make sure you give credit, if you expound on the Bible."
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '08 00:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Quote the plagerized portion of my post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree