1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 21:55
    The following link explains the New Covenat for those that are confused as to what it is and what it means to Christians today.

http://www.plim.org/3douknow.html
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '14 22:411 edit
    1. The Lord God said he would make a new covenant.

23 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel:

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

(Jeremiah 31:23, 31-34 NKJV)

2. Jesus made a new covenant.

For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

(Matthew 26:28 NKJV)

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

(Hebrews 8:7 NKJV)

3. Therefore, Jesus is the Lord God, not Michael the archangel.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 01:21
    There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 06:36
    Where in the Bible does it tell that Christ is an angel named Michael?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 06:44
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Maybe a Jehovah's Witness can point it out to you. I have not come across it. I am saying Christ is NOT an angel named Michael.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 15:31
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    No where. Assumptions are made without reason and dogma is made-up by men and then a scripture is designed to prove this dogma. It is a castle made of sand.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 17:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them ...[text shortened]... cond.

So only Jews will benefit from this new deal.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 22:462 edits

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them ...[text shortened]... cond.

3. Therefore, Jesus is the Lord God...

Sounds as if you think that what preceded this proves that Jesus is God. If so, can you explain how it logically follows? If not, what does this statement mean?

Also it sounds as if you believe that Jeremiah 31's "New Covenant" and Jesus' "New Covenant" are one and the same. Is that correct?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 08:461 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So only Jews will benefit from this new deal.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

(Romans 1:16 NKJV)

But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
    I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”

But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
    To a disobedient and contrary people.”

(Romans 10:20-21 NKJV)

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
    Eyes that they should not see
    And ears that they should not hear,
    To this very day.”

And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
    A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
    Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
    And bow down their back always.”

I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

(Romans 11:1, 7-11, 13-14, 25 NKJV)

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

(Ephesians 2:11-13 NKJV)

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

(Ephesians 3:1-7 NKJV)
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 08:511 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]3. Therefore, Jesus is the Lord God...

Sounds as if you think that what preceded this proves that Jesus is God. If so, can you explain how it logically follows? If not, what does this statement mean?

Also it sounds as if you believe that Jeremiah 31's "New Covenant" and Jesus' "New Covenant" are one and the same. Is that correct?[/b]
    That is correct.

The Lord God said I will make a New Covenant.
    Our Lord Jesus made a New Covenant as indicated by the Lord God.
    Therefore, Our Lord Jesus is the Lord God.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 11:21
    [b]For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

(Romans 1:16 NKJV)

But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
    I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”

But to Israel he says:

“All ...[text shortened]... e grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

(Ephesians 3:1-7 NKJV)[/b]
    Religious hucksters all have the same BS story, trust me, I am the lord. Follow me, oh, don't forget to put some money in the coffers, I need a new boat.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 22:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Religious hucksters all have the same BS story, trust me, I am the lord. Follow me, oh, don't forget to put some money in the coffers, I need a new boat.
    I don't have to trust you, because our Lord Jesus already warned us about those types.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '14 15:242 edits
    That is correct.

The Lord God said I will make a New Covenant.
    Our Lord Jesus made a New Covenant as indicated by the Lord God.
    Therefore, Our Lord Jesus is the Lord God.
    Let's take a closer look at part of what you posted from Jeremiah 31:
    " I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord."

Clearly many people are still teaching and saying 'Know the Lord'. Therefore the New Covenant described in Jeremiah 31 has yet to be instituted. Therefore Jeremiah 31's "New Covenant" and Jesus' "New Covenant" are NOT one and the same.

Even if they were, it would not prove that "Jesus is the Lord God" since Jesus may have only been a messenger.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 02:30
    Up for RJ
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 03:431 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Let's take a closer look at part of what you posted from Jeremiah 31:
    " I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [b]No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
    for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the great ...[text shortened]... ere, it would not prove that "Jesus is the Lord God" since Jesus may have only been a messenger.[/b]
    And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

(Luke 22:20 NASB)
    The new covenant is God's pledge to forgive the sins of his people and to put his laws within us and to write them on our hearts, and to be our God and to make us his people. All Christians are His people. All of us Christians know who the Lord is. We do not have to teach other Christians who He is. Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant that God made in the time of Moses and Jesus will also fulfill this New Covenant when He returns in His glory.

Atheists don't know, Jehovah's Witnesses don't Know, Mormons don't know, Buddhists don't know, and maybe you don't know who He is. However, these are not under the New Covenant and are not His people. These unbelievers have their part in the Lake of Fire.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree