1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 05:53
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Well, in honesty...
    Says the guy who thinks the earth is flat.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 19:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where did googlefudge say anything remotely like this? Links please.
    Here you are, Mr. Interrogator Interruptus.

Originally posted by googlefudge
    Hah.

I'm sorry, in what universe is the bible considered evidence for the truth of the claims in the bible.
    Have you even heard of the concept of a circular argument?

I've been in these forums for over a decade. To suggest that I have never "even heard of the concept of a circular argument" is simply additional unnecessary spin, added to make me appear dim. You (FMF) should be familiar with the tactic, you use it all the time.

By the way, googlefudge, I countered the atheists' go-to argument about the veracity of the Bible being a "circular argument" in another thread. If you've found it by now, I'm sure you gave it your usual "tl;dr" treatment.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 19:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Says the person who recently claimed I and other atheists were just too stupid to understand your posts.
    There's ignorance, and then there's willful ignorance, which is what I claimed atheists inflict on themselves.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 19:59
    SERIOUSLY?!?

YOU are going to call people out for attacking 'the man' and not the ideas?

When do you ever do anything but attack me instead of my arguments???
    Well, if you've been paying attention (sorry, more spin of the type I figured you'd be familiar with), you'd notice that I used to take you at face value, at least until I offered you an olive branch a couple years ago and you spit it back in my face with vehemence. That's not the way you make friends, or even opponents who argue and yet still respect. I've not been pulling my punches since that moment. You made it clear you wanted war, and so war it has been. In spite of the risk of appealing to your vanity, you're a special case. "War is war, loser," is how a General Forum poster put it a long time ago. This also mean that if you wanted to finally work this out, like you refused to do at the time, then I'm all ears.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 20:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Nobody asked you to defend other religions. The question is whether or not you think that other religions indoctrinating their kids with mumbo jumbo is a good thing.
    I don't even think that other religions indoctrinating adults with mumbo-jumbo is a good thing.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 20:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, if you've been paying attention (sorry, more spin of the type I figured you'd be familiar with), you'd notice that I used to take you at face value, at least until I offered you an olive branch a couple years ago and you spit it back in my face with vehemence. That's not the way you make friends, or even opponents who argue and yet still respect. I' ...[text shortened]... u wanted to finally work this out, like you refused to do at the time, then I'm all ears.
    Are you still demanding I respect your beliefs, or are you happy with me simply respecting you and not your beliefs.

Because that was the only thing I ever objected to as I have explained over and over and over again.

YOU will not ever respect my beliefs, and the very idea that one should respect beliefs one finds objectionable/offensive/evil is absurd on the face of it.

However, as I made clear at the time and every time since that this has come up,
    that is not the same as not respecting the person.

And as for this supposed war...

You used to try to present arguments, now you just try to mind read and throw insults.
    Whether you like them or not I am still presented reasoned arguments, and no amount
    of insults will counter those.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Mar '16 20:09
    I don't even think that other religions indoctrinating adults with mumbo-jumbo is a good thing.
    So only one religion is allowed to do that?
    Doesn't seem fair to me.

What about not indoctrinating any children with any religion?
    Just teach them about a cross-section of religions (which is what happens in British State schools)
    And let them decide as they get older.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 01:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    They're old pics from her youth obviously.
    Strange you'd kept them all these years.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Mar '16 04:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Strange you'd kept them all these years.
    I confiscated them from a boy at school.
    He said they were all over the internet.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 01:42
    There's ignorance, and then there's willful ignorance, which is what I claimed atheists inflict on themselves.
    Talking about tolerance and respecting other people's beliefs, you clearly have some serious issues with years of therapy required.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 02:171 edit
    Here you are, Mr. Interrogator Interruptus.

[b]Hah.

I'm sorry, in what universe is the bible considered evidence for the truth of the claims in the bible.
    Have you even heard of the concept of a circular argument?

I've been in these forums for over a decade. To suggest that I have never "even heard ...[text shortened]... n another thread. If you've found it by now, I'm sure you gave it your usual "tl;dr" treatment.[/b]
    You are dodging. You said to googlefudge: "Would it kill you to, even once, assume that I have a brain, instead of "she's blond so she must be dim, and oh yeah, she's a woman, so QED?" The question you are sidestepping is: Where did googlefudge ever say anything remotely like this to you?

Could you provide a few links please because if what you are implying is true, then he deserves to be roundly condemned for it.

But if what you are implying is untrue and has no basis in googlefudge's posting history, then you deserve to be roundly condemned for falsely suggesting that he has used sexist or male chauvinist comments in his debates with you.

It is not difficult to see why you are dodging this point. It would be nice to see you address it head on.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 08:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are dodging. You said to googlefudge: [b]"Would it kill you to, even once, assume that I have a brain, instead of "she's blond so she must be dim, and oh yeah, she's a woman, so QED?" The question you are sidestepping is: Where did googlefudge ever say anything remotely like this to you?

Could you provide a few links please because if what you are im ...[text shortened]... difficult to see why you are dodging this point. It would be nice to see you address it head on.[/b]
    I posted it in that post, ass.

You desperately need a remedial course in reading comprehension.

No "dodging", no "sidestepping", no "implying", no "suggesting". Just saying those things does not make it so. Try reading my post again, but without your blinders to common sense.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 08:39
    I posted it [b]in that post, ass.

.[/b]
    Do your opinions change from thread to thread?
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 12:431 edit

No "dodging", no "sidestepping", no "implying", no "suggesting". Just saying those things does not make it so. Try reading my post again, but without your blinders to common sense.[/b]
    I have NEVER in my life EVER thought "she's blond so she must be dim, and oh yeah, she's a woman,
    so QED?"
    or anything that even REMOTELY resembles that.

And the post you cited doesn't even come close to indicating otherwise.

And apropos that post...

Nowhere have you 'dealt' with the problem that using the bible as proof that the bible is true
    is circular. Mainly because it's pretty much the definition of a circular argument.

EDIT: Also.... "she's blond so she must be dim..." Even if I were stupid enough to be inclined to
    think such thoughts, [which I am most emphatically not] I have not the slightest clue what you look like.
    Which just goes to further illustrate that all this is, is you PROJECTING your mistaken beliefs about
    what I think and why onto me. And nothing whatsoever to do with what and how I actually think.

There is a reason I keep telling you to stop guessing what I think, it's because you do it constantly
    and ALWAYS get it wrong.

How many times do I have to say this before you stop assuming you know what I am thinking when I write?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '16 04:57

No "dodging", no "sidestepping", no "implying", no "suggesting". Just saying those things does not make it so. Try reading my post again, but without your blinders to common sense.[/b]
    In which posts has googlefudge used sexist or male chauvinist comments in his debates with you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree