1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:22
    Soldier of the Cross

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"1

Dan Vellinga talks about a true soldier of the cross, Martin of Tours. "He was a Roman soldier and a Christian. One cold winter day, as he was entering a city, a beggar stopped him and asked for alms. Martin had no money; but the beggar was blue and shivering with cold and Martin gave what he had. He took off his soldier's coat, worn and frayed as it was; he cut it in two and gave half of it to the beggar man. That night he had a dream. In it he saw the heavenly places and all the angels and Jesus in the midst of them; and Jesus was wearing half of a Roman soldier's cloak. One of the angels said to him, 'Master, why are you wearing that battered old cloak? Who gave it to you?' And Jesus answered softly, 'My servant Martin gave it to me.'"2

Reminder: "Only one life, 'twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to remember that whenever I give even a cup of cold water in your name, I am giving it as unto you. Please help me to always be a true giver and never a half-giver. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Matthew 25:37-40 (NIV).
    2. Dan Vellinga, "What Would You Do?"
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:31
    No attribution.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=Dan+Vellinga+talks+about+a+true+soldier+of+the+cross%2C+Martin+of+Tours.&oq=Dan+Vellinga+talks+about+a+true+soldier+of+the+cross%2C+Martin+of+Tours.&gs_l=hp.12...0.0.1.7312.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.HQ5m2TPbeWo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.bmk&fp=943d5119ba67d312&biw=1280&bih=649
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    ...gave him half of his coat...
    He should have given all his coat not half; but I guess the other half was reserved for the Mormon coffers via tithes.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 20:13
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    Soldier of the Cross

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever yo ...[text shortened]... en."

1. Matthew 25:37-40 (NIV).
    2. Dan Vellinga, "What Would You Do?"
    One life .......is a lie.

The immortal soul is eternal and being eternal can incarnate many many times.

The material body is however not eternal and shall become dust after death.

You cannot tell me that every person born with their supposed one life are born with equal opportunity to receive the Lord.

And when they don't receive the Lord - they shall enter into the lake of fire for eternity - sent there by the most wise and loving and compassionate and forgiving Lord.

One life is just one more lie out of many lies given to the ignorant by the false teachings of the animal killers religion........ christianity.

Tell me what is so righteous about killing all the animals.

Christianity and the atheists and the Muslims and the Jews are responsible for the cruel hording and killing of trillions of animals in slaughter houses.

The Bible is not the word of god but the words of persons who were womenizers and intoxicators and meat eaters and speculators and fabricators.............and this is why they have preached that their God is a jealous God.

So now God comes down to to the mundane platform of human existence and is jealous like many foolish persons.

Are we not told greed jealousy lust etc, are traits not desirable and belonging to the ignorant.

This is how absurd Christianity is.

[and you cannot reference the meat eaters Bible to defend the Bible]
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 22:45
    Originally posted by Dasa
    One life .......is a lie.

The immortal soul is eternal and being eternal can incarnate many many times.

The material body is however not eternal and shall become dust after death.

You cannot tell me that every person born with their supposed one life are born with equal opportunity to receive the Lord.

And when they don't receive the Lord - they sha ...[text shortened]... absurd Christianity is.

[and you cannot reference the meat eaters Bible to defend the Bible]
    are you always this intense dasa? what to you do for fun apart from going to anti-islam rallies with buddies?
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 03:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you always this intense dasa? what to you do for fun apart from going to anti-islam rallies with buddies?
    Truth is intense when it flies in the face of falsity.

Sadly there are those who defend falsity.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 03:52
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Truth is intense when it flies in the face of falsity.

Sadly there are those who defend falsity.
    God created us so we could lie, cheat, steal, and eat meat, so that He, in His goodness and mercy, could save our dumb asses.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree