1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:01
    What's the difference between quoting Bible versesand discussing spirituality? I maintain that they are not related in the slightest.
  2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:07
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    What's the difference between quoting Bible versesand discussing spirituality? I maintain that they are not related in the slightest.
    Technically I think you are right as they are really not the same but I suppose they can compliment each other. The sad thing in this forum is that it is often the end all beat all arguement some folks use because they are afraid to challenge anything that has been taught to them.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 21:24
    The Bible is merely a part of spirituality as Joe pointed out.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 23:25
    What is you understanding of Spirituality?
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 23:281 edit
    I maintain that they are not related in the slightest.

Perhaps this is why the religions are so horribly confusing 😞
  6. Forgotten
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 00:48
    good point
    the bible is but one book written for spiritual purposes
    there are other ancient text written in hebrew
    not to mention all the egyptian texts
    it seems to me holy writings are a part of all cultures and they seem to convey a similar message theme
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 01:30
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    good point
    the bible is but one book written for spiritual purposes
    there are other ancient text written in hebrew
    not to mention all the egyptian texts
    it seems to me holy writings are a part of all cultures and they seem to convey a similar message theme
    I agree with this. Ultimately there is only one religion or spirituality and that is the one that gives us our personal relationship with God.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 03:17
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I agree with this. Ultimately there is only one religion or spirituality and that is the one that gives us our personal relationship with God.
    Which 'god' are you referring to, CE? You're obviously a Christian based on your posts in other threads. Do you have anything other than subjective experience to prove that this 'god' exists? Or, indeed, that we are s/he/it's creation?
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:522 edits
    Originally posted by David C
    Which 'god' are you referring to, CE? You're obviously a Christian based on your posts in other threads. Do you have anything other than subjective experience to prove that this 'god' exists? Or, indeed, that we are s/he/it's creation?
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    I would like to believe that there is some sort of existence after death but I realize I may be deluding myself.

Science has shown that energy cannot be destroyed, so it just depends on whether you believe consciousness is energy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This answer is about as close to evidence as you're going to get without searching for any.

When the Polio virus was plaguing America, did the scientists not bother to look for a cure based on the lack of evidence? Peoples separation from God in many ways has been the plague of this world.

Evidence has to be sought after in order to be found.

Jer 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when yee shall search for me with all your heart."
  10. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:543 edits
    Originally posted by Joe Fist

Science has shown that energy cannot be destroyed, so it just depends on whether you believe consciousness is energy.
    Everything is energy.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:56
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Everything is energy.
    or it is mass multiplied by a multiple of the speed of light

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree