Wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea

Wheels on the bottom of the Red Sea

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by menace71
It reminds of that show with the guy called the naked archaeologist. He literally has found all kinds of things in plain view all over the middle east.

Manny
I love that show!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because if they couldn't come up with some excuse to deny it, they might have to admit it's true and then have to have some responsibility for their own salvation, instead of just saying, "Screw it, I'm gonna go have another beer."
It is really annoying to me when religious folk decide they need to worry about MY 'salvation'. Like I have said before, I want to live on a planet where there is freedom FROM religion and all its guises.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
It is really annoying to me when religious folk decide they need to worry about MY 'salvation'. Like I have said before, I want to live on a planet where there is freedom FROM religion and all its guises.
Do you think you are one of those so-called "educated people"?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why do so-called "educated people" feel the need to debunk all of God's miracles?
What is so miraculous about some wheels on the sea bed? As I said before, our local canal must be generating miracles on a huge scale if wheels under water make a miracle.

Let us examine this critically. The Red Sea parts, pharaoh and his army follow their intended prey into the chasm between the walls of water. Pharaoh and his army are engulfed in a mini replica of the flood. Egyptian chariot wheels were quite flimsy due to their lightweight design so I doubt they would survive such a violent event. It is much more likely that the wheels are at the bottom of the sea due to a much gentler event. That doesn't debunk the biblical bit but it does remove the wheels as evidence for same.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kepler
What is so miraculous about some wheels on the sea bed? As I said before, our local canal must be generating miracles on a huge scale if wheels under water make a miracle.

Let us examine this critically. The Red Sea parts, pharaoh and his army follow their intended prey into the chasm between the walls of water. Pharaoh and his army are engulfed in a mini ...[text shortened]... event. That doesn't debunk the biblical bit but it does remove the wheels as evidence for same.
There is nothing miraculous about some wheels on the sea bed. The type of wheels along with other things found there is evidence that supports the miracle account of God parting the Red Sea to allow the Israelites to cross the Red Sea to safety.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Interesting

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/wheels-on-the-bottom-of-the-red-sea/
Everywhere else in the world when they find stuff at the bottom of the sea the go-to assumption is a shipwreck...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Everywhere else in the world when they find stuff at the bottom of the sea the go-to assumption is a shipwreck...
What is the go-to assumption as to what happened to the ship?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Apr 13

It, um, sank.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 13
3 edits

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
It, um, sank.
If the ship sank, why do the investigators not see evidence of it also? Could it be that there was no ship?

P.S. This does not explain the pillars placed on both sides of the crossing route by the ancients as a memorial either.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Apr 13

Do you think you are one of those so-called "educated people"?
That statement seems to bear no relation to what I said. It is like I said, I love peanut butter and you go, but the MG is a GREAT car, don't you think?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
That statement seems to bear no relation to what I said. It is like I said, I love peanut butter and you go, but the MG is a GREAT car, don't you think?
Is Ron Wyatt a Liar? ("They've found Pharoah's chariots on the bottom of the Red Sea"😉

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 Apr 13

If the ship sank, why do the investigators not see evidence of it also? Could it be that there was no ship?

P.S. This does not explain the pillars placed on both sides of the crossing route by the ancients as a memorial either.
Could be those wheels aren't wood, in which case they aren't proper Egyptian chariot wheels. There are many examples of wooden ships sinking and rotting away leaving just the metal bits lying about on the sea bed. So what would a pair of metal wheels plus metal axle mean? Do we have anything other than someone wanting this to be pharaoh's chariot to go on regarding date?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 Apr 13

Is Ron Wyatt a Liar? ("They've found Pharoah's chariots on the bottom of the Red Sea"😉

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUimbDt_dE
Is Ron Wyatt an archeologist? Ummm no, he was an anesthetist. Not so much that he is lying then, more like he doesn't know what he is talking about. Next time I want to be knocked out for surgery I'm calling Indiana Jones.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Apr 13
1 edit

Where is the go-to assumption the wheels are wooden? If they WERE wood, they would have rotted away like the boats that sink there also.

Don't you think it convenient they just happened on this fine now, thousands of years later and the wheels are not even encrusted? They look in great condition to me. Too great.

You guys are blinded by your lust to prove the bible correct.

Just like the shroud of Turin, all you can prove is there is an artifact.

You are the ones making the connections.

That connection can only be proven or disproven by scientific methods, like what are the wheels made of, is there organic material that can be carbon dated, metals analysed for isotope content, that sort of thing.

If after that work is done, you might have a case. Otherwise it is just a hoax. Hey, there may have even been a time when the Jews could escape across the Red Sea and the soldiers got trapped, probably by mud but that is for science to determine not biblical speculation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Could be those wheels aren't wood, in which case they aren't proper Egyptian chariot wheels. There are many examples of wooden ships sinking and rotting away leaving just the metal bits lying about on the sea bed. So what would a pair of metal wheels plus metal axle mean? Do we have anything other than someone wanting this to be pharaoh's chariot to go on regarding date?
Some of the wheels were wood and some metal. They had metal back in those days too, so there is nothing that says they have to be all made of wood to be proper Eqyptian chariot wheels. The following is a quote from a link below:

Ron Wyatt and his sons found this gold plated gold wheel below. They tried to retrieve it but as they gently lifted it, it begand to crumble. Apparantly the wood inside had rotted away and only the thin gold veneer was left.

http://www.covenantkeepers.co.uk/red_sea.htm