Moves
    26 Oct '09 16:45
    LOL 😉 I love that one "My Karma ran over my Dogma"

Manny
  2. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 19:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Any thoughts on where religions went wrong?
    By inventing the idea of an afterlife in heaven or hell.From browsing this forum i am surprised how many christians seem to think that this life on earth -for them created by god- is only some kind of test to find out who is good enough to go to a much better place called heaven.You just have to look around you to notice how wonderful the nature on our planet really is.I wouldn´t be the one to tell god that his creation is not good enough.We are in ´heaven´now and if there is a god i give him 10 out of 10 for his efforts.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 22:31
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    By inventing the idea of an afterlife in heaven or hell.From browsing this forum i am surprised how many christians seem to think that this life on earth -for them created by god- is only some kind of test to find out who is good enough to go to a much better place called heaven.You just have to look around you to notice how wonderful the nature on our ...[text shortened]... good enough.We are in ´heaven´now and if there is a god i give him 10 out of 10 for his efforts.
    This is the sprituality forum don't you know?!! There will be no sense talked in here.
  4. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 14:35
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    This is the sprituality forum don't you know?!! There will be no sense talked in here.
    Thanks for the tip.I have been living in Germany for a few years and seem to have lost my sense of humour.I thought they were being serious.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 15:571 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    By inventing the idea of an afterlife in heaven or hell.From browsing this forum i am surprised how many christians seem to think that this life on earth -for them created by god- is only some kind of test to find out who is good enough to go to a much better place called heaven.You just have to look around you to notice how wonderful the nature on our ...[text shortened]... good enough.We are in ´heaven´now and if there is a god i give him 10 out of 10 for his efforts.
    ====================================
    By inventing the idea of an afterlife in heaven or hell.From browsing this forum i am surprised how many christians seem to think that this life on earth -for them created by god- is only some kind of test to find out who is good enough to go to a much better place called heaven.You just have to look around you to notice how wonderful the nature on our planet really is.I wouldn´t be the one to tell god that his creation is not good enough.We are in ´heaven´now and if there is a god i give him 10 out of 10 for his efforts.
    ===============================================

Jesus taught us to pray "Thy kingdom come" and not "Thy kingdom go."

Jesus said "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the EARTH".

Paul speaks of the creation being freed from the slavery of corruption at the manifestation of the sons of God in Romans 8:19-22.

John, in the Revelation, closes the Bible by saying he saw a vision of "a new heaven and a new earth".

He also writes his prophecy that the kingdom of God will reign "on the earth" (Rev. 5:10):

One of the things I did when I became interested in the Christian faith was to read the Bible for myself. I especially took interest to study the New Testament. I did not want to simply take second hand understandings. How do I know what they are saying is in the word of God? I cannot unless I study it for myself.

I am not saying that I am in need of absolutely no fellowship or teaching from fellow believeers. I am saying I have always determined that I have to master the facts of the Bible as best I can, to be able to discern the validity of what I am being told. At least I have ground to weigh the merits.
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 16:21
    You can not know that what they are saying is the word of god - what you study in the new testament is already someones second hand understanding of what jesus may have said.
    As for your actual quotes - these do not have any bearing on my original post.We must first agree that the bible is a reliable source of information.This is difficult because even the major religions can not agree to one interpretation of the story.
  7. Joined
    26 Oct '09
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 11:00
    religion "went wrong" because it foolishly recorded in detail its track record of the murder and torture of countless numbers of innocent victims, little knowing that in later years they would come back to haunt them.

99% of the world's religious population hold their respective dogmatic views ONLY because of an accident of birth. If they were born elswhere they would have a different religion. That is what makes a nonesense of the whole corrupt insanity.

religion is UTTER superstitious nonesense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree