1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '14 04:43
    Who is it that asked me why Christ worked as a carpenter if His kingdom was not of this world?

I asked a Youth Pastor about this, and he said that in the time of Christ on earth, the 1st Century AD, Israelites worked so that they could eat; and that it wasn't like the culture of the 21st Century in America where people work to gain extra things in life.

And Jesus certainly would not have made mammon, His idol.

King James Version
    ==============
    Matthew 4: 4, 10
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Matthew 6: 24
    No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 May '14 05:23
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Who is it that asked me why Christ worked as a carpenter if His kingdom was not of this world?

I asked a Youth Pastor about this, and he said that in the time of Christ on earth, the 1st Century AD, Israelites worked so that they could eat; and that it wasn't like the culture of the 21st Century in America where people work to gain extra things in lif ...[text shortened]... e other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
    Those that don't work as well shouldn't eat either.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '14 05:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Those that don't work as well shouldn't eat either.
    RBHill
    Will you provide the bible verse on that statement?

And what about people who retire that don't really work?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '14 05:352 edits
    RBHill

2 Thessalonians 3:10

The scripture refers to the lazy who were sponging off of the early church, not to those in the contemporary world who's prudent life has enabled them to take their foot off the gas in later years.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 May '14 09:19
    RBHill

Christians don't retire, volunteering is like working.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '14 00:593 edits

I asked a Youth Pastor about this, and he said that in the time of Christ on earth, the 1st Century AD, Israelites worked so that they could eat; and that it wasn't like the culture of the 21st Century in America where people work to gain extra things in lif ...[text shortened]... e other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
    I don't know, but that sounds like something wolfgang59 would ask. JS357 would be my second guess, then divegeester and FMF. I doubt if googlefudge would be even interested. I completely forgot about C Hess, until now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree