Who is Jesus.

Who is Jesus.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
21 May 05

Is Jesus God's sun or is he just a messenger of God's word or is just a fake????

b

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by Sratpam
Is Jesus God's sun or is he just a messenger of God's word or is just a fake????
JESUS CHRIST is the SON OF GOD. JESUS CHRIST, is a messenger of GOD'S WORD, in fact HE is GOD'S WORD. JESUS CHRIST is GOD. JESUS CHRIST is GOD.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. The same was same in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not,
JOHN 1:1-5

L

Moves
21 May 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Sratpam
jesus may or may not be the son of god. jesus christ may or may not be the messenger of god's word. in fact, he may or may not be god's word. jesus christ may or may not be god. jesus christ may or may not be god.

these things you will probably ultimately have to decide for yourself. whatever you do, don't just take someone else's word for it. and don't just blindly follow the teachings of a book which is literally errant. always seek out the truth, rather than relying on 'blind faith'.

d

Moves
21 May 05

* demonseed's hand shoots into the air *

I know, I know.

Am currently, and with pride would like to enlighten you that, seeing Jesus.

We are going steady and he is not a slut contrary to what posters here, not mentioning darvlay, might opine.

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
jesus may or may not be the son of god. jesus christ may or may not be the messenger of god's word. in fact, he may or may not be god's word. jesus christ may or may not be god. jesus christ may or may not be god.

these things you will probably ultimately have to decide for yourself. whatever you do, don't just take someone else's word for it ...[text shortened]... k which is literally errant. always seek out the truth, rather than relying on 'blind faith'.
If you believe that the Bible is the Word of God, then Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

If you don't believe the Bible then Jesus Christ is just a fairy tale.

If you do believe the Bible and your belief is proven to be wrong when you die, you loose nothing.

If you don't believe the Bible and your belief is proven to be wrong when you die, you loose EVERYTHING.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
If you believe that the Bible is the Word of God, then Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

If you do believe the Bible and your belief is proven to be wrong when you die, you loose nothing.

If you don't believe the Bible and your belief is proven to be wrong when you die, you loose EVERYTHING.
You never seem to grasp the word of the kingdom. you really need to acquaint yourself with the word instead of that doctrinaire horse manure you spout off with.

b

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by LemonJello

these things you will probably ultimately have to decide for yourself. whatever you do, don't just take someone else's word for it ...[text shortened]... k which is literally errant. always seek out the truth, rather than relying on 'blind faith'.
The BIBLE os filled from cover to cover with proof that JESUS CHRIST is the SON OF GOD. As well ther there is plenty of understanding that HE is also GOD.
Yes you are right, donot take anyone's word for it. Do your own personal search. An even better way is prove that HE is not THE SON OF GOD. Prove that HE is not GOD. Search and seek for yourself provee to yourself that Salvation is not freely given by HIM. Prove to yourself that HE is not the SAVIOR.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
21 May 05

Where EXACTLY in the bible does it refer to to Jesus as "the son of god"? The bible always referes to him as the "son of man", which is what we all are.

b

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by dags
Where EXACTLY in the bible does it refer to to Jesus as "the son of god"? The bible always referes to him as the "son of man", which is what we all are.
MATTHEW 2:13-15
3:16,17
4:1-10
LUKE 1:31-35
3:21,22
4: 1-13,34,35,41
JOHN 1:1-5,32-34
5:19-47
6:35-40,69
12:23-27
13:3
14:9-21
15:1-27
16:19-28
17:1-26
19:1-7
Hope this helps there is more to come

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
21 May 05

Should ahve said where does Jesus refer to himself as the son of god. All references to Jesus as the son of god are by other people.

L

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker

i don't think this is a fair interpretation, as there are levels of belief in the bible. for example, some people don't believe the bible to be literally true, but they would not claim that jc is necessarily a 'fairy tale'.

so this is why you believe in the word of god? wow, that is a sad reason. first of all, you should know that your reasoning is not even sound. if you believe in the bible and your belief is proven wrong, why do you think you could not lose everything? -- somebody else's 'correct' god will damn you to an alternate 'hell' or something for being a 'nonbeliever'; this occurring seems to me just as arbitrary and simultaneously just as likely as your being right. more fundamentally, believing in something just because you feel you have nothing to lose by doing so is far from being a good reason for your belief system. do you think god would save the original poster if he believed in his word only because he felt he had nothing to lose by doing so? if god does exist, he is probably humiliated by such advice.

also, loose is not the same as lose.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
21 May 05

Originally posted by dags
Should ahve said where does Jesus refer to himself as the son of god. All references to Jesus as the son of god are by other people.
Jesus don't come out and say he is God. But he makes that clear by logical implication. The Pharisees understood the implications of his words and that is why they plotted against him.
Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad." So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.
(Joh 8:56-59 ESV)

I and the Father are one." The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?" The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."
(Joh 10:30-33 ESV)

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
(Joh 11:25-26 ESV)

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 May 05

I think that who is Christ is the million dollar question. I realise that people are going to believe what they want to believe though. I admit that I have been struggling with Christianty. I do not want to let go of my faith. at one point in my life I was a hardcore/fundie Christian. I to this day find comfort in Christ words. I do have problems though with the bible & origins ect. Example some Fundamental Christians would say that the Earth is only 6000 years or so old. Explain then stars that are 10,000 light years out or more?? If you read the creation account it does not read like a literal account at least from a scientific view. I know the bible is not meant to be a scientific book anyway. Lastly I have no problem at all with Christ being an historical figure. I always feel bad like I'm throwing away my faith but you have to question what you believe and see if it matches with reality and that I guess is my own issue I have to deal with. LOL 🙂 good subject though. Manny

L

Moves
22 May 05

Originally posted by menace71
I think that who is Christ is the million dollar question. I realise that people are going to believe what they want to believe though. I admit that I have been struggling with Christianty. I do not want to let go of my faith. at one point in my life I was a hardcore/fundie Christian. I to this day find comfort in Christ words. I do have problems though w ...[text shortened]... and that I guess is my own issue I have to deal with. LOL 🙂 good subject though. Manny
the above is one of my favorite posts to date. well said.

i empathize with your plight, and commend your refreshing honesty and your willingness to question your own beliefs. i agree with you that it is an uphill battle to make sense of the grey matter in our own belief systems (and those of others), but i think we must try. i take comfort knowing that you will be on the case. please do let us know if you think you have made any breakthroughs.

cheers,

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 May 05

I think about Galieo and his findings about the earth orbiting around the sun and not vise versa. I don't think that he wanted to give up his faith but what he found to be reality went against the religious leaders of that day. We all know now that the earth does orbit around the sun. I was told that Galieo just in recent times after more than 300 years recieved an official forgivness.

Manny