Who is qualified.

Who is qualified.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Sep 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
You can't believe in science and not believe in evolution.
You can, not understand evolution, but claiming you believe in science necessitates believing in one of it's
greatest achievements.
If you believe in nothing else you would have to believe in evolution.

Evolution is not the start of something out of nothing.
The creation of life, from non ...[text shortened]... ested there are a wealth of resources on evolution on the web and in books that
explain it.
Your saying then that there was an animal of some sought,s and you don't know how that animal began its life - but anyway you are going to tell us that animal changed over time from 1 cell to 1ounce animal and into a 2 ton elephant.

And it did all this without the hand of higher intelligence - but by random chance behaviour.

So your going to come half way into the story and tell us how the elephant became an elephant from a one cell thingo.

Other science persons say the one cell thingo came into existence by a lightning bolt hitting a muddy puddle and now here we all are driving our BMW,s.

Not acceptable.

Moves
12 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Your saying then that there was an animal of some sought,s and you don't know how that animal began its life - but anyway you are going to tell us that animal changed over time from 1 cell to 1ounce animal and into a 2 ton elephant.

And it did all this without the hand of higher intelligence - but by random chance behaviour.

So your going to come half way ...[text shortened]... tning bolt hitting a muddy puddle and now here we all are driving our BMW,s.

Not acceptable.
Fortunately you are no authority on anything, and the acceptability of an idea to you is irrelevant.

You don't understand evolution, at all, or abiogenesis, but you feel free to criticise them.

This is not Honest, and neither are you.

Go away little troll, go away, I have no more time for you any more.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Sep 11

[b]" If evolution was at all true, there would have been no other animals around - just humans and why would evolution stop??? "

You really really really don't understand evolution.
now there's a big surprise.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 11

Fortunately you are no authority on anything, and the acceptability of an idea to you is irrelevant.

You don't understand evolution, at all, or abiogenesis, but you feel free to criticise them.

This is not Honest, and neither are you.

Go away little troll, go away, I have no more time for you any more.
You guys don't want to include things about the theory of evolution
you know has no support because then you would have to admit to
yourself and everybody that evolution is a false teaching.

Moves
13 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
You guys don't want to include things about the theory of evolution
you know has no support because then you would have to admit to
yourself and everybody that evolution is a false teaching.
Actually abiogenesis has quite a lot of evidentiary and theoretical support.
But it is not part of evolution.

Evolution is the name given to the theoretical explanation of how life diversifies and
adapts to it's changing environment.
While it has applications to other fields, it was not intended to, and nor does it, explain
where life actually comes from. It only explains what happens to life after it already exists.

This is not a failing of the theory, just as it is not a failing of gravitational theory that
it does not explain the formation of life or how nuclear fusion works.

Now if you are claiming that god must have created life, then a full scientific explanation
for how it is possible without god would need to include how life could have formed without
an intelligence, and thus would need to include abiogenesis.
But the fact the abiogenesis and evolution are separate theories covering different situations
does not mean either is wrong or deficient.

The theory of evolution is very well defined in exactly what it does.
And we/I are consistent in saying what it does or does not do.

Complaining it doesn't explain something else, or misrepresenting how it works are blatant
straw man arguments. And should be treated as such.

And I 'Know' evolution has unbelievably strong support, for everything it says.
So please don't try to put/claim 'knowledge' or 'beliefs' into my head that don't actually exist.

Deal with my beliefs and knowledge as they are not as you would have them to be.
If you don't know what they are, feel free to ask.

EDIT:
But I am no longer paying any attention to dasa, not because I am threatened by him, but
because he won't engage in any form of reasonable argument or discussion.
Ask a question and he tells you you are not qualified to know the answer...
Thus all conversation with him is pointless.
That and he is deeply and offensively insulting to all who disagree with him.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
13 Sep 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]It looks like you've never read one of Dasa's posts, come back later and re-vote

I've read plenty of Dasa's posts, yours ranks right up there.[/b]
Good

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Sep 11

Originally posted by Nicksten
Good
You're happy to be ranked among the 'loonies'?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Sep 11

And then there were three!

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
15 Sep 11

Everyone is welcome to give their opinion 😉

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
15 Sep 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
And then there were three!
Trust me....your scientific calculation is wrong. 3 is not near the number of loonies on this site. Its everyone and anyone you dont agree with which falls into that category.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Sep 11

Trust me....your scientific calculation is wrong. 3 is not near the number of loonies on this site. Its everyone and anyone you dont agree with which falls into that category.
No. Just three.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Sep 11

I think Proper Knob was referring to Dasa and RJHinds as two of the loonies.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
21 Sep 11
2 edits

That and [Dasa] is deeply and offensively insulting to all who disagree with him.
You're giving Dasa too much credit, to suggest that his words have enough substance to offend or insult anyone. If we're going to assign value to his drivel, I'd rate it somewhere in the neighborhood of poorly constructed, remedial knock-knock jokes. Material maybe Bozo would use at a 5-year-old's birthday party.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
22 Sep 11

Did you know that 99.999% of people are not qualified to discuss the subject of God and religion.
So you are saying only about 70,000 people are. If you can read the book you are reading of your religion then you are qualified. But still you should test the thoughts you get when reading the book you are reading.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
24 Sep 11
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think Proper Knob was referring to Dasa and RJHinds as two of the loonies.
Well like i said - everyone has the right to give their opinion. To focus on only three on these forums it must be really bad - but who cares here anyway about the other one? Really? Everyone has a big mouth cause no physical harm can come your way as you are across the ocean or in another country. We've only got critics to give and we can fight with our comments and BIG WORDS.

If we look back at the header of this thread and the contents that was discussed, can one of us actually say "we are the qualified ones"? This includes us all.

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a loony and if any of you do, I D O N 'T C A R E 😉

Edit: you in this case does not mean you RJHinds, it's a figure of speach