1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    04 May '14 02:011 edit
    Hey All Others,
    Who is the Savior for all people according to the holy bible? Is Christ the Savior, or are Commandments the Savior?

    King James Version
    ==============

    Matthew 23: 37
    O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

    John 15: 13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    04 May '14 05:34
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hey All Others,
    Who is the Savior for all people according to the holy bible? Is Christ the Savior, or are Commandments the Savior?

    King James Version
    ==============

    Matthew 23: 37
    O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a h ...[text shortened]...
    John 15: 13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
    This makes no sense.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    04 May '14 05:48
    DiveGeester,
    Did Christ Jesus die for man or did Christ's commandments die for man to have eternal life?

    Why would a human want to try to keep the commandments of Christ in order to earn eternal life, instead of depend on Christ Himself for eternal life? Mankind cannot earn salvation by being "good."
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86395
    04 May '14 05:532 edits
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    DiveGeester,
    Did Christ Jesus die for man or did Christ's commandments die for man to have eternal life?

    Why would a human want to try to keep the commandments of Christ in order to earn eternal life, instead of depend on Christ Himself for eternal life? Mankind cannot earn salvation by being "good."
    Ah I get it now, this is faith over works thing, sorry to be so dense but I found your OP a little oblique. I'm a faith person although good works should come from faith. I'm going to check out now though or Jajk999 will be hunting my ass down. 🙂
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    04 May '14 10:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ah I get it now, this is faith over works thing, sorry to be so dense but I found your OP a little oblique. I'm a faith person although good works should come from faith. I'm going to check out now though or Jajk999 will be hunting my ass down. 🙂
    Lol.

    I'm with you on this point. I also believe faith > works, but works follows naturally from faith. No one with true faith is without works. I can see the relation between the two, and this is what is meant by having one without the other is dead. Sometimes all one who is without works needs is an opportunity to get off the couch.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    05 May '14 03:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Lol.

    I'm with you on this point. I also believe faith > works, but works follows naturally from faith. No one with true faith is without works. I can see the relation between the two, and this is what is meant by having one without the other is dead. Sometimes all one who is without works needs is an opportunity to get off the couch.
    I have faith that I am doing a great work for Christ by telling all here that the Theory of Evolution is a work of the devil and the Shroud of Turin proves the resurrection of Christ.

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Back to Top