Who is the Christians' Savior. . .Christ or Obeying Commandments?

Who is the Christians' Savior. . .Christ or Obeying Commandments?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
04 May 14
1 edit

Hey All Others,
Who is the Savior for all people according to the holy bible? Is Christ the Savior, or are Commandments the Savior?

King James Version
==============

Matthew 23: 37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

John 15: 13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Moves
04 May 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hey All Others,
Who is the Savior for all people according to the holy bible? Is Christ the Savior, or are Commandments the Savior?

King James Version
==============

Matthew 23: 37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a h ...[text shortened]...
John 15: 13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
This makes no sense.

K

Moves
04 May 14

DiveGeester,
Did Christ Jesus die for man or did Christ's commandments die for man to have eternal life?

Why would a human want to try to keep the commandments of Christ in order to earn eternal life, instead of depend on Christ Himself for eternal life? Mankind cannot earn salvation by being "good."

Moves
04 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
DiveGeester,
Did Christ Jesus die for man or did Christ's commandments die for man to have eternal life?

Why would a human want to try to keep the commandments of Christ in order to earn eternal life, instead of depend on Christ Himself for eternal life? Mankind cannot earn salvation by being "good."
Ah I get it now, this is faith over works thing, sorry to be so dense but I found your OP a little oblique. I'm a faith person although good works should come from faith. I'm going to check out now though or Jajk999 will be hunting my ass down. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 May 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Ah I get it now, this is faith over works thing, sorry to be so dense but I found your OP a little oblique. I'm a faith person although good works should come from faith. I'm going to check out now though or Jajk999 will be hunting my ass down. 🙂
Lol.

I'm with you on this point. I also believe faith > works, but works follows naturally from faith. No one with true faith is without works. I can see the relation between the two, and this is what is meant by having one without the other is dead. Sometimes all one who is without works needs is an opportunity to get off the couch.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Lol.

I'm with you on this point. I also believe faith > works, but works follows naturally from faith. No one with true faith is without works. I can see the relation between the two, and this is what is meant by having one without the other is dead. Sometimes all one who is without works needs is an opportunity to get off the couch.
I have faith that I am doing a great work for Christ by telling all here that the Theory of Evolution is a work of the devil and the Shroud of Turin proves the resurrection of Christ.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!