1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '12 05:01
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Good call on focusing on the moral teachings of Jesus. They are at the center of His message.

You might want to pin JW down on what exactly he meant by "walk the walk". I suspect it would prove interesting.

The "trinity doctrine" is a part of the mythology. Looking at what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, there's no convincing reason to thin ...[text shortened]... Himself as literally "God in the flesh". In fact, there's much evidence that He didn't.
    "You might want to pin JW down on what exactly he meant by "walk the walk". I suspect it would prove interesting."

I don't think that matters. I don't imagine that his list of people (other than Jesus) who have "walked the walk" such that he thinks they can help him see what Jesus' teachings mean to him, will be the same as the list of people that can do that for me. And I will not look to him to define my list or my selection criteria. I accept my responsibility for that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree