1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 12:05
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yeah, but then how did froggy's post come into existence? Are you honestly suggesting that froggy's body just somehow happened to incidentally activate the "post" button as he slumped lifelessly to his desk after consuming the poison? He would have to land squarely on the mouse button and the mouse arrow would have to be perfectly placed on the screen. ...[text shortened]... say that the existence of froggy's post is proof positive that the God of the Bible exists.
    You forgot about the "enter" or "return" key on the keyboard. They also initiate the "post" button. Since there are two of these keys on a standard keyboard, the chances are increased quite dramatically. Of course he would have had to have clicked outside the text box to initiate this.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 13:22
    Originally posted by Halitose
    You forgot about the "enter" or "return" key on the keyboard. They also initiate the "post" button. Since there are two of these keys on a standard keyboard, the chances are increased quite dramatically. Of course he would have had to have clicked outside the text box to initiate this.
    Good point. There is also the Anthropic Principle to consider too.

But I think the key to the problem really lies in the following thought experiment: if froggy were actually a monkey, and if we blindfolded this monkey, what is the probability that the monkey, through random key strokes, would type out the 23rd Psalm letter for letter? I think that is what we need to focus on.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v13/i1/monkeys.asp
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 14:50
    Good point. There is also the Anthropic Principle to consider too.

But I think the key to the problem really lies in the following thought experiment: if froggy were actually a monkey, and if we blindfolded this monkey, what is the probability that the monkey, through random key strokes, would type out the 23rd Psalm letter for letter? I think that is what we need to focus on.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v13/i1/monkeys.asp
    Let's not sully up the conversation with anything approximating logic. Nor should the disciplines of mathematics, astronomy or any other field be allowed to shed any light on the narrowed study of evolutionary biology.
    Its proponents claim it is right, regardless what any surrounding field may object; therefore, it must be right.
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 21:57
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    I speak so that people might care.
    This life is only temporary. Our spiritual life is eternal. Where we spend eternity is up to us. But we can't make an intelligent choice unless we know what the choices are.
    I speak so that people might know that they have the power to choose an eternity in heaven or an eternity in hell.
    If nobody speaks about it, how will people know?

DF
    Link?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 08:55
    Yeah, but then how did froggy's post come into existence? Are you honestly suggesting that froggy's body just somehow happened to incidentally activate the "post" button as he slumped lifelessly to his desk after consuming the poison? He would have to land squarely on the mouse button and the mouse arrow would have to be perfectly placed on the screen. ...[text shortened]... say that the existence of froggy's post is proof positive that the God of the Bible exists.
    There are soooo many possibilities that you have negated. His pet monkey could have hit the post button after the peramedics had carried him out for one...
  6. Joined
    11 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 03:54
    when your all burning in hell for eternally you'll care
  7. Joined
    11 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 03:54
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 04:21
    Originally posted by JesusFreak2562000
    Yes; see you there!
  9. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 16:03
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Everybody cares when they meet God.
    How do you come to this conclusion?

Have you met him to know that he inspires such awe?

Next time you see him, can you please tell him to make his presence tangible.

I'm really struggling on my own
  10. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 16:07
    Originally posted by powershaker
    LOL! Boy, you are so very stupid! God's prophecies are being fulfilled right before your eyes. Russia and her Muslim allies are nearing attack of Israel. Iran has threatened to destroy Israel. The attack on Israel is imminent. It is God's Word! And, no one will come to Israel's defense. Only then will God intervene and show the children of Israel that God is with them, and He keeps His promises! Holy and Mighty is Jehovah!
    That sounds remarkably similar to Islamic prophecies save for the fact that the Muslims will prevail, not the Jews.

How ironic indeed.

Is it so inconceivable that they could both be man made?
  11. Standard memberASROMA
    Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!
    WC Champs 2006
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 16:12
    I might be more inclined to take you slightly more seriously if you were at the very least coherent.

As if to reinforce your inanity, you posted the same rubbish twice.

How pertinent.

Badger them into submission.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 17:03
    You're like a child scared by some unseen monster in the closet. I pity you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree