1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 10:552 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    If you had taken the trouble to read the verse in the full context of it's true meaning you would know that it alludes to Jesus's second coming and his judgement at the end of time rather than literal violence. He is also speaking within the parable itself in the role of the king (ie in the 3rd person) so it is not meant to be a literal command.
    You entalists. You seem to have an agenda and you will edit and quote to make it fit your agenda.
    I am not taking any sides here, but what you just said here is so true of many. Including people who claim to be christians.
    People use Gods word, the bible to fit THEIR agenda and not Gods.

Alot of so called christians use the bible to run around and judge others who harm no one, On the streets, in the work place, Their own family members, Their neighbors, etc etc. They use the bible to spread nothing but hatred that comes out of their own hearts.

What a sad day on judgement day for these folks.
    " I say MANY will say in that day LORD' LORD' did we not do all these great things in Your name??? And Jesus will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Get away from ME you who don't love God or your brother.
    And they all thought they had their get out of hell free card. But God is not playing any games with our souls.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Sep '07 21:134 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    If you had taken the trouble to read the verse in the full context of it's true meaning you would know that it alludes to Jesus's second coming and his judgement at the end of time rather than literal violence. He is also speaking within the parable itself in the role of the king (ie in the 3rd person) so it is not meant to be a literal command.
    You entalists. You seem to have an agenda and you will edit and quote to make it fit your agenda.
    I did make a mistake. I did not notice the fact that 19:11 makes it clear that it's a parable. However, if it's a parable, who is the Lord in the story if not God and therefore Jesus?

Well, how about 2 Thessalonians 1?

1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
    1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

You seem to spend a lot more time attacking me than attacking my points (which are Biblically based).
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 18:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I did make a mistake. I did not notice the fact that 19:11 makes it clear that it's a parable. However, if it's a parable, who is the Lord in the story if not God and therefore Jesus?

1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
    1:8 ...[text shortened]... m to spend a lot more time attacking me than attacking my points (which are Biblically based).
    However, if it's a parable, who is the Lord in the story if not God and therefore Jesus? THOUSAND

It;s definitely Jesus that the story alludes to but not in the sense of physical violence. It's about judgement day.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 18:46

1:8 ...[text shortened]... m to spend a lot more time attacking me than attacking my points (which are Biblically based).
    Well, how about 2 Thessalonians 1? thousand

This means pretty much what it says but again we are not talking about physical violence here but the final judgement. This is hard to swallow that Jesus could do this but in another way it's right. If someone has stood against all that is good and loving and compassionate and has also refused knowingly the love of Christ and his salvation then they have placed themselves on the side of all that is evil and the opposite of love. What do you think is likely to happen ? The Pacifism of Christ does not mean that he is lily livered with his enemies. He will probably still offer the hand of forgiveness one more time out of sheer love and compassion only to have it thrown back at him. The problem comes in that until all is revealed we cannot know fully who his enemies are , so we have no right to kill and it's not our judgement to make.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Sep '07 18:51

You seem to spend a lot more time attacking me than attacking my points (which are Biblically based). thousand

Sorry but it does get tedious sometimes when you feel that a moments thought could have shed some light on things. I also tire of atheists who have an unconscious agenda but don't realise it. I'm sorry if I have bracketted you harshly , just because one is a Christian doesn't mean we are not human. I also hate any fragmented approach to verses because like in the media , you can make anything say anything if you want it to. It's a bug bear of mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree