1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 04:07
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Distribution of current photosynthate in two Guinea grass (Panicum maximum Jacq.) cultivars?

In a glasshouse experiment, different tiller categories (main, young primary, and old primary) of two Guinea grass cultivars, Mombaça and Tanzânia, were 14C-labelled to investigate C translocation between tillers. In both cultivars, young primary till ...[text shortened]... of a paper and doesn't have access to a subscription to the Journal of Experimental Botany.
    That's the one.

My boss CM, got the data from a PhD student DDC. They were going to publish it in the New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research, but I took one look at the data and told them JxBot was the place to go, being an international Journal and about 30 times better (in terms of impact factor) than NZJAR.

They took my advice, we wrote it up (me and CM), submitted it, and it was accepted with only minor corrections.

Nowadays, I look at that paper and wonder how I ever managed to get my head around it all. I remember having lots of headaches though....
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 20:59
    ah so your a research scientist. Whats that job like. i was keen to go into the area of research science but the guidence councillor advised me to lean towards medicine and become like a doctor who also performs research on the spesific problem that he/she tends to treat
    the councillor said there weas more money involved in the medicine side of research and even more if i practise medicine at the same time

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree