1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 08:59
    @handyandy said
    Did God create man/woman
    or did man/woman create God?
    Sir, you have skipped to the last chapter.

That was where we were heading.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 09:30
    @handyandy said
    Did God create man/woman
    or did man/woman create God?
    Both. But only one is true.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 11:35
    @secondson said
    Both. But only one is true.
    Agreed.

I know, personally, where the evidence leads us.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Agreed.

I know, personally, where the evidence leads us.
    Evidence for what? For a creator of the universe, or for the creation of a creator?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:176 edits
    @FMF

You sometimes seem to just spam threads with copy-pasted material. Remarking upon it relates to your behaviour rather than the validity of anything.

I explain many things without copying and pasting. Behavior is an irrelevant red herring to the matter under examination.

When I think it is important where people can read more or read a better presentation, I will copy and past. You can muse on behavior all you like. I think Some will consider the things exounded upon.

Folks here again, we have FMF wanting me to stop talking about God and Christ and do a lot of talking about me.

ie. Don't tell us about Jesus. talk about you and your behavior."

The side of you that wants to copy-paste reams of text you didn't write should perhaps run a blog, leaving the side of you that is interested in original and personal conversations to engage people here on this message board.

I engage in conversation plenty. And I also copy and paste.
    I do both.

divegeester's comment is about your behavior and not the validity of whatever somebody-else's-text it is you happen to have dumped into the conversation.

I engage in back and forth conversation. And I also refer to clearer explanations and where more can be learned. You call it "dumping" and "spamming".
    I "one on one" discuss plenty as can be seen on scores of threads initiated by me.

Just my ha'penny's worth.

And my penny's worth response. If he hadn't done so much to speak slanderously of my "venerated leaders" maybe I wouldn't be so inclined to copy and paste and show how ill-informed and ignorant his gossip is. (maybe).

You can always make a formal complaint to the webmaster.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:21
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You sometimes seem to just spam threads with copy-pasted material. Remarking upon it relates to your behaviour rather than the validity of anything.

I explain many things without copying and pasting. Behavior is an irrelevant red herring to the matter under examination.

When I think it is important where people can read more or read a be ...[text shortened]... and ignorant his gossip is. (maybe).

The comment was about your frequent penchant for spam bombing threads and not about whether the spam bomb content was "valid" or not.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:21
    @sonship said
    What on Earth are you on about now? "Make a formal complaint to the webmaster"? Huh?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:27
    @fmf said
    What on Earth are you on about now? "Make a formal complaint to the webmaster"? Huh?
    I don't know. Maybe he's talking about God. 🤦‍♂️
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:281 edit
    @FMF

What in the world are you talking about, me suggesting you take your whining to the forum's webmaster. Huh! No speak English ??

Now if you don't mind (or if you do) the matter of God creating us male and female is being discussed and copy and pasted about.

What do you have to say about that?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:361 edit
    If I copy they complain.
    If I write long posts, they complain.

Some cannot take chat about such profound subjects if 25 words or less is not used.

The creation of male and female has many purposes. But one thing is clear from the climax of history, the consummation of God's work at the end of time -

Marriage of two corresponding counterparts is a real important thing in the nature of human existence, Collectively, God's revelation depicts the saved human beings as a Bride, a Wife, a romantic OTHER to God.

Marriage is suppose to be a pleasant and joyous matter in human life. The picture of marriage of God and all of His redeemed people shows that our human marriage is really a window into the eternal purpose of God.

You might ask which marriage is more real?
    Human marriage of male and female is of course entirely real to us. But behind this matter there is a deeper significance that the Creator embedded into the symbolism of male and female joining together. That is the joining together of the uncreated Divine Being and His saved, redeemed, justified, transformed, conformed sanctified, resurrected, and glorified people.

He loves them to the uttermost and wants to share an eternity of "romantic" oneness with them. God used something we can understand as to human happiness to give us a glimpse into His own eternal heart.

This has been known on varying degrees by Christians for many years. It is not a new invention of certain "venerated leaders" of mine.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:37
    @secondson said
    I don't know. Maybe he's talking about God. 🤦‍♂️
    It reminds me of the time sonship got caught bang-to-rights plagiarizing an Italian writer, probably in his haste to land a dramatic blow [he was in high dudgeon and the quote was about hanging out the burning bodies of unbelievers on chains to "glorify" God] - but then, after disappearing in [presumably] embarrassment for a couple of weeks, he came back bristling, doubling down, and insisting that the accusation of plagiarism was not valid unless we had actually written a letter of complaint to the writer's publisher in Italy. He kept giving the address in Italy over and over again. That was the route he took rather than just say, hey, yep, you got me bang-to-rights, I shouldn't have plagiarized, sorry ...just like I did once about 10 years ago when I was caught red-handed reproducing a block of text from a book without crediting the source.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:38
    @sonship said
    @FMF

What in the world are you talking about, me suggesting you take your whining to the forum's webmaster. Huh! No speak English ??
    Why would I complain to the webmaster? What are you going on about?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:42
    @FMF

Copy and paste coming:

The creation of male and female has many purposes. But one thing is clear from the climax of history, the consummation of God's work at the end of time -

Marriage of two corresponding counterparts is a real important thing in the nature of human existence, Collectively, God's revelation depicts the saved human beings as a Bride, a Wife, a romantic OTHER to God.

Marriage is suppose to be a pleasant and joyous matter in human life. The picture of marriage of God and all of His redeemed people shows that our human marriage is really a window into the eternal purpose of God.

You might ask which marriage is more real?
    Human marriage of male and female is of course entirely real to us. But behind this matter there is a deeper significance that the Creator embedded into the symbolism of male and female joining together. That is the joining together of the uncreated Divine Being and His saved, redeemed, justified, transformed, conformed sanctified, resurrected, and glorified people.

He loves them to the uttermost and wants to share an eternity of "romantic" oneness with them. God used something we can understand as to human happiness to give us a glimpse into His own eternal heart.

This has been known on varying degrees by Christians for many years. It is not a new invention of certain "venerated leaders" of mine.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 13:46
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Copy and paste coming:

Marriage ...
    Ghost of a Duke's OP/thread is about this...

'God's purpose in creating man is not merely to obtain a sinless man, but even more to have a God-man, one who has God's own life and nature.'

(Living Stream Ministry - What is Regeneration? page 8)

Is this an agreeable explanation to you, as to why God created us?

... not "marriage".
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jan '20 14:18
    @secondson said
    Evidence for what? For a creator of the universe, or for the creation of a creator?
    That man created gods (well, the idea of them at least).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree