Why do people laugh at creationists? -only creationists don’t know why

Why do people laugh at creationists? -only creationists don’t know why

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
02 Apr 09
2 edits

I went to the doctor yesterday. As I waited in the room I mused on a diagram of the human digestive system. I alternatively laughed and shook my head at those Darwinists who believe that blind luck of natural selection produced the human digestive system.

F

Moves
02 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
I went to the doctor yesterday. As I waited in the room I mused on a diagram of the human digestive system. I alternatively laughed and shook my head at those Darwinists who believe that blind luck of Natural Selection produced the human digestive system.
If I invented and designed the human digestive system, why would I design the appendix? Why would I design the flaws called deseases, cancer, haemorrhoids and such? Not very intelligently designed, if you ask me.

I'd say that these defects are more of a proof that the human digestive system is evolved, rather than created. Furthermore, it's still evolving.

P

Moves
02 Apr 09

I alternatively laughed and shook my head at those Darwinists who believe that blind luck of natural selection produced the human digestive system.
You should because those supposed "Darwinists" you speak of don't know much about the theory of evolution.

The theory of evolution doesn't claim that blind luck produced the human digestive system.

Z

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If I invented and designed the human digestive system, why would I design the appendix? Why would I design the flaws called deseases, cancer, haemorrhoids and such? Not very intelligently designed, if you ask me.

I'd say that these defects are more of a proof that the human digestive system is evolved, rather than created. Furthermore, it's still evolving.
it is not. god has a plan remember? i don't think you can arrive anywhere if you take the argument on that path.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 09

I went to the doctor yesterday. As I waited in the room I mused on a diagram of the human digestive system. I alternatively laughed and shook my head at those Darwinists who believe that blind luck of natural selection produced the human digestive system.
You laughed out of ignorance. The fact is that the mathematics and processes surrounding evolution are relatively easy to prove. That the human digestive system could arise through evolution should not be doubted by anyone who knows enough about the science involved. Whether it did or didn't is another matter, but you are essentially claiming that it couldn't.
Presumably you think that you have a good head for statistics and you understand roughly what the chances are for certain events etc and you have concluded that something as complex as the human digestive system could not arise via evolution. But if you actually looked into it in detail you would find that it is perfectly possible, and in fact highly likely. But you like many creationists probably do not want to know.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Apr 09

I wish Creationists would create some peer-reviewed publications. Like this, the blame always falls on the poor chap speaking and the Creationist community washes their hands and moves on.

F

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
it is not. god has a plan remember? i don't think you can arrive anywhere if you take the argument on that path.
He has a plan by designing human beings less than perfect anatomically? He shows up being a total rookie, a patzer, in designing biological things. They don't work very well, do they?

Again, why has he implemented flaws in the design of human beings?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Apr 09

This one is hilarious. 😵

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
You should because those supposed "Darwinists" you speak of don't know much about the theory of evolution.

The theory of evolution doesn't claim that blind luck produced the human digestive system.
thank you --

again, wouldn't it be grand if folks knew what they were talking about before they spoke?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by Palynka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFeVwuJB7I

This one is hilarious. 😵
agreed, very funny.

Unfortunately, the faithful fruitcakes, the insistently ignorant and irrational among us will simply contradict all this. Folks who blither on about "God" etc. as though they know something or are talking about anything other than mere thoughts between their ears remind me of Mr. Polevaulter in this Monty Python sketch:

Interviewer Good evening. I have with me in the studio tonight Mr Norman St. John Polevaulter, who for the last few years has been contradicting people...Mr Polevaulter, why do you contradict people?
Polevaulter I don't!
Interviewer You told me that you did.
Polevaulter I most certainly did not!
Interviewer Oh. I see. I'll start again.
Polevaulter No you won't!
Interviewer Ssh! Mr Polevaulter I understand you don't contradict people.
Polevaulter Yes I do!
Interviewer And when didn't you start contradicting people?
Polevaulter Well I did, in 1952.
Interviewer 1952?
Polevaulter 1947.
Interviewer Twenty-three years ago.
Polevaulter No!

s

At the Revolution

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
agreed, very funny.

Unfortunately, the faithful fruitcakes, the insistently ignorant and irrational among us will simply contradict all this. Folks who blither on about "God" etc. as though they know something or are talking about anything other than mere thoughts between their ears remind me of Mr. Polevaulter in this Monty Python sketch:

Interviewer ...[text shortened]... 1952?
Polevaulter 1947.
Polevaulter No!
wtf is wrong with you and all your sketches!?

F

Moves
02 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Scriabin
agreed, very funny.

Interviewer 1952?
Polevaulter 1947.
Polevaulter No!
You can divide people into three groups.
They who contradict everything, and they who deny it.
"Three groups you said?" "No, I said two!"

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
02 Apr 09

You can divide people into three groups.
They who contradict everything, and they who deny it.
"Three groups you said?" "No, I said two!"
There are three kinds of people:

those who can count and those who can't

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
wtf is wrong with you and all your sketches!?
I prefer heuristical methods to the Socratic

Your frustration bespeaks a personality disorder.

Find a Dr. and stop annoying everyone

j

Moves
02 Apr 09
2 edits

=====================================
=======================================

Just because you wouldn't do something a certain way does not mean that it was not designed. A non-optimal design is not not a design because of that.

The ancient Egyptians were rather intelligent people. Yet over three thousand years ago, most of them had no clue as to the importance of the grey matter in the skull which we now call the brain.

They thought the heart in the chest was the seat of thought. I don't know if it ever occured to your arrogance that just maybe the appreciation of what the appendix does will encrease with science long after you're gone.

Then there is the problem of bad stuff like deseases, haemorrhoids, parasites. Well, one place you might consider is that something has gone wrong in the creation.

Pain in the body alerts the body that something is not right. I would not like to have a body which was unable to feel pain. Otherwise I might not know that something has gone wrong with my body. Pain is a nuisance and can be a real problem. But it is also an alert that attention needs to given to something in the body.

You might consider that desease is an alert that something has gone wrong in the creation. Of course to do that you might have to change some of your entrenched assumptions. But Einstien was able to question strong basic assumptions too. Otherwise he might not have considered that time could slow down.

Likewise, you might explore that a designer also included some things which act as an alert that all is not well with the world, ie, desease. I think a thoughtful person would not so easity assume that apparently negative things in existence, like haemorrhoids or commoncold, has to mean that there was no intelligent design in nature.

You just disagree with some of the designed things.

==================================
====================================

But that is by no means the only plausible explanation for defects.

Automobiles are designed with planned obsolesence. The parts are intentionally made to wear out so that you have to buy a new one. No I am not saying the parellel is exactly the same with defects in the human body. But I am saying saying "I don't agree with the way something was designed because of defects. I could have done better" is not proof of no design.

At best it is a declaration that you don't like the designing agent. Not liking the Designer or being suspicious of the Designer's motives is not proof of no design. It could be a demonstration of your failure to grasp the whole picture of creation and what is going on.