1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:19
    What is it about religion that makes people give up their minds to dogma? Especially with so many religions saying totally opposite things. How can such a person look at all the other religions and say to themselves, my religion is the one true religion?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is it about religion that makes people give up their minds to dogma? Especially with so many religions saying totally opposite things. How can such a person look at all the other religions and say to themselves, my religion is the one true religion?
    how can one person look at his wife/husband and say the himself "she loves with all her heart".

it makes one happy. we are not machines. we occasionaly do some leaps of faith simply because it makes us happy.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    how can one person look at his wife/husband and say the himself "she loves with all her heart".
    a lot of the time they don't.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:381 edit
    I guess we dont want to have this to worry about .... 😀

2Thes 1:7 - 9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power ..

How do you sleep knowing that you might have to face the wrath of God?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999

2Thes 1:7 - 9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruc ...[text shortened]... ry of his power ..

Good example of dogma. You take the word of a book 2000 years old when we need to deal with problems far more complex in the 21st century and the coming 22nd century. Exactly how is your dogma going to stop a terrorist, for instance, from carrying a backpack A bomb into New York City or London and setting it off? Is there anything in your delusions that can deal with that?

That is not my specific issue, just showing the complexity of the modern world using a book 2000 years old written by men and formulated in the council of Nicosea in the 300's. Where many other books written at the time didn't make it to your bible, the books you read were not written by god and neither were the thousand other ones which didn't make it to your bible in that council.

If there ever was a time when a god was needed to come down and tell us what to do, it is now, not some 2000 year old tale essentially worthless for today's world.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:511 edit
    Good example of dogma. You take the word of a book 2000 years old when we need to deal with problems far more complex in the 21st century and the coming 22nd century. Exactly how is your dogma going to stop a terrorist, for instance, from carrying a backpack A bomb into New York City or London and setting it off? Is there anything in your delusions that can what to do, it is now, not some 2000 year old tale essentially worthless for today's world.
    How does appreciating 2000 year old book stop anyone from dealing with todays problems. Christians have been dealing with terrorists for the last 2000 years. Whats different now?

Is it not possible to deal with terrorists and still appreciate the 2000 year old book.

By the way you did not answer my first question...😉
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 15:56
    Originally posted by trev33
    a lot of the time they don't.
    some do, yet they don't stop and consider "wait, i have no proof that she really feels the subjective sentiment called love, a concept most have trouble defining". "wait, she may profess her love for me everyday and shower me with attention, but i should make sure i have the cat taste my food in case she will try and poison me".
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:09
    How does appreciating 2000 year old book stop anyone from dealing with todays problems. Christians have been dealing with terrorists for the last 2000 years. Whats different now?

Is it not possible to deal with terrorists and still appreciate the 2000 year old book.

By the way you did not answer my first question...😉
    The 'wrath' of god. Good one, since there has not been a ripple of godliness on the planet ever. We could all go the way of the dinosaurs and your non-interacting god would just go, NEXT.
  9. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:23

2Thes 1:7 - 9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruc ...[text shortened]... ry of his power ..

Very easily, because I am convinced that there wouldn't be any wrath of God.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:29
    The 'wrath' of god. Good one, since there has not been a ripple of godliness on the planet ever. We could all go the way of the dinosaurs and your non-interacting god would just go, NEXT.
    Luke 17:28 - 30 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:36
    Originally posted by lausey
    Very easily, because I am convinced that there wouldn't be any wrath of God.
    Have patience.
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 18:43

I may not always agree with you, but you certainly know your bible...
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    I may not always agree with you, but you certainly know your bible...
    Thanks.
    You dont always agree with me ?? !! 😳
    When you dont agree say something .. every opinion adds value to the discussion.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 20:41
    Luke 17:28 - 30 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
    NOW you have me worried. Worried about your mind, so full of delusion. The biggest scam job in the last 3000 years.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 21:03
    NOW you have me worried. Worried about your mind, so full of delusion. The biggest scam job in the last 3000 years.
    Mat 12:36 -37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I hope you have your defense ready 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree