Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
🙂 Then there is hope for all of us.

Part of my work, in the field of mental health, involves clients with addiction problems, and humour often plays a vital role in the recovery process. (Although addiction does bring out the worst in some personalities).
BS.

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

🙂 Then there is hope for all of us.

Part of my work, in the field of mental health, involves clients with addiction problems, and humour often plays a vital role in the recovery process. (Although addiction does bring out the worst in some personalities).
I've always found mental health to be a very interesting subject. Partially because I'm a total nerd and love studying such things, and partially because it would give me some insight into how my mind works and the chemistry of it and whatnot. Along with philosophy, psychology is my favorite subject to discuss, along with literature and music and other such things.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Originally posted by JakeChess
I've always found mental health to be a very interesting subject. Partially because I'm a total nerd and love studying such things, and partially because it would give me some insight into how my mind works and the chemistry of it and whatnot. Along with philosophy, psychology is my favorite subject to discuss, along with literature and music and other such things.
Cool.
Good thing this desire came from a swamp, with tadpoles.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 17

My particular speciality is the management of social anxiety and have developed an effective strategy, which does require some bravery on the part of the sufferer.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

My particular speciality is the management of social anxiety and have developed an effective strategy, which does require some bravery on the part of the sufferer.
Atheism equals stupid.
I am at war with you and your ignorance.

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

I wish I would have been scheduling appointments with you instead of the guy I had been seeing back in high school. Instead of trying to find what was causing my issues at the time, he basically just said "Alright, here's 4 different medications, I'll be in Germany for a couple months, see you later." and didn't give me a number to call him at. Needless to say, I found someone who was willing to sit down with me and try and root of the problem instead of numbing the symptoms.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

I wish I would have been scheduling appointments with you instead of the guy I had been seeing back in high school. Instead of trying to find what was causing my issues at the time, he basically just said "Alright, here's 4 different medications, I'll be in Germany for a couple months, see you later." and didn't give me a number to call him at. Needless to ...[text shortened]... was willing to sit down with me and try and root of the problem instead of numbing the symptoms.
Atheist convention.
Puke.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 17

I wish I would have been scheduling appointments with you instead of the guy I had been seeing back in high school. Instead of trying to find what was causing my issues at the time, he basically just said "Alright, here's 4 different medications, I'll be in Germany for a couple months, see you later." and didn't give me a number to call him at. Needless to ...[text shortened]... was willing to sit down with me and try and root of the problem instead of numbing the symptoms.
Sorry to hear that. It does sometimes seem like a lottery, the support people get. Medication does have its place, but there are so many other options to explore before going down that road. (And medication of course can bring its own problems).

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

Sorry to hear that. It does sometimes seem like a lottery, the support people get. Medication does have its place, but there are so many other options to explore before going down that road. (And medication of course can bring its own problems).
Of course. There's a time and a place for everything. But giving a teenage addict a bunch of pills before tackling the root of the addictive tendencies is not a good idea.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Because the brain came from a dirty puddle.
Makes sense.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Jan 17

Of course. There's a time and a place for everything. But giving a teenage addict a bunch of pills before tackling the root of the addictive tendencies is not a good idea.
Agreed. In this country (Britain) services have improved greatly for adults suffering with mental health and addiction problems, but the services provided to children and adolescents with these issues is seriously lacking.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

Agreed. In this country (Britain) services have improved greatly for adults suffering with mental health and addiction problems, but the services provided to children and adolescents with these issues is seriously lacking.
Your views are wrong.
Atheism is dangerous to society.

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

J

Moves
09 Jan 17

I would be happy to talk more on this in PMs, I don't want to totally derail this thread and the walls have ears, as you well know.

c

Moves
09 Jan 17

I would be happy to talk more on this in PMs, I don't want to totally derail this thread and the walls have ears, as you well know.
Atheist alliance.
I get it.