1. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 00:43
    Persian priest recognized his birthright and worshiped at his feet according to legend. These men were non-christian and followed a more ancient science or religion if you will. Secondly it was the revelation of the new relationship that all men, who are believers are priveleged to engage in with their God. Father and Son, as far as I can recollect this relational dynamic was totally unheard of in this time. Maybe the third thing that I will suggest is that the term and use of the word Son has a double connotation, and mostly serves as a euphemism regarding the power of the spoken word. Word and Son become synonymous. Because this was first he is recognized as the first born of many Sons that's an agument for preeminence
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 06:30
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    that's an agument for preeminence
    I guess you've not studied the various "saviour" myths, the birth-death-rebirth gods that led directly to this most recent iteration, then.

Persian priest recognized his birthright and worshiped at his feet according to legend.

I assume you mean the Three Wise Men. Do you have any non-legendary evidence of this occurence?

These men were non-christian and followed a more ancient science or religion if you will

That would stand to reason, in as much as Jesus was just being born, no? Hard to imagine any "Christians" before the birth of The Christ.

Secondly it was the revelation of the new relationship that all men, who are believers are priveleged to engage in with their God.

Not really. If anything, this "new relationship" was more of an estrangement than previous worship. Used to be a god for every household, sacrifice a goat and your god is well pleased. Very, very personal...the new paradigm shifted power from the worshippers to the intermediary priests.

Father and Son, as far as I can recollect this relational dynamic was totally unheard of in this time.

Recollect a bit better, then. Osiris/Horus, Zeus/Apollo spring readily to mind.
  3. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 06:42
    Secondly it was the revelation of the new relationship that all men, who are believers are priveleged to engage in with their God. Father and Son, as far as I can recollect this relational dynamic was totally unheard of in this time. [/b]
    Greek and Hindu deities had been engaging with humans for centuries before this. That Krishna is quite a ladies' man!
  4. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 09:42
    Originally posted by David C
    I guess you've not studied the various "saviour" myths, the birth-death-rebirth gods that led directly to this most recent iteration, then.

[b]Persian priest recognized his birthright and worshiped at his feet according to legend.

I assume you mean the Three Wise Men. Do you have any non-legendary evidence of this occurence?

These men were no ...[text shortened]... e.

Recollect a bit better, then. Osiris/Horus, Zeus/Apollo spring readily to mind.[/b]
    "I guess you've not studied the various "saviour" myths, the birth-death-rebirth gods that led directly to this most recent iteration, then."

Which ones?

"I assume you mean the Three Wise Men. Do you have any non-legendary evidence of this occurence? "

That I do! Purely allecgrical; other than that the so-called wisemen followed Zoroasterism, Astrology, and other Mysteries

Secondly it was the revelation of the new relationship that all men, who are believers are priveleged to engage in with their God.

Not really. If anything, this "new relationship" was more of an estrangement than previous worship. Used to be a god for every household, sacrifice a goat and your god is well pleased. Very, very personal...the new paradigm shifted power from the worshippers to the intermediary priests.

Only is christian theology, this was not the "Way" I take it that you have not read scripture, and been able to understand the the difference between Law and grace by virture of relationship. It is the very reason that the figure jesus (Yeshuah) was killed.

Father and Son, as far as I can recollect this relational dynamic was totally unheard of in this time.

In Jerusalem!

Recollect a bit better, then. Osiris/Horus, Zeus/Apollo spring readily to mind.

Horus was believed to have been Osiris being reincarnated throug Isis
    Zeus is a lesser god of mythology. In most circles he is belived to be mentioned in the Sumerian Kings list of immortals and one of the Titans. What are your talking about?

You may have and opinion, but stop pretending to be a scholar on the subject.
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 02:11
    Which ones?

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life-death-rebirth_deity . Work your way backwards.

That I do! Purely allecgrical; other than that the so-called wisemen followed Zoroasterism, Astrology, and other Mysteries

I'm sorry, that doesn't answer my question. However, I think I understand your point: some pagan priests became worshippers of Jesus, right? Therefore, John 3:16?

Only is christian theology, this was not the "Way" I take it that you have not read scripture, and been able to understand the the difference between Law and grace by virture of relationship. It is the very reason that the figure jesus (Yeshuah) was killed.

Despite your attempt to confuse the dear readers with incoherence, my previous point still stands. Your "new relationship" moved the average worshipper further away from the object of their worship.

In Jerusalem!

Are you suggesting the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell from the sky? Completely ignorant of previous mythologies?

Horus was believed to have been Osiris being reincarnated throug Isis

Yes. I see now that this is much, much different than the Word of God become Flesh through Mary. Or not.

Zeus is a lesser god of mythology. In most circles he is belived to be mentioned in the Sumerian Kings list of immortals and one of the Titans. What are your talking about?

Zeus? A lesser god of mythology? Sumerian Kings list? One of the Titans? Most circles? What are my talking about? I realize you probably have no use for the information, but this is incorrect.

I apologize if you are irked that a mere dilettante such as myself proposed to dismantle your deeply profound and impeccably spelled theological revelations. Problem is, I find your argument for "pre-eminence" seriously uncompelling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree