1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 23:20
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    invade. Or better still, kill the unbeliever.
    Indeed. Crusades that happened thousands of years ago continue to be used to sterotype Christians.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '06 23:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Indeed. Crusades that happened thousands of years ago continue to be used to sterotype Christians.
    hundreds of years, not thousands.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Would that your buddies in the Westborough Baptist Church had their way though.
  4. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 05:32
    I think that Islam is wrong and don't agree with really any of their beliefs at all.

So there.

Or if you want a stronger form of it. Islam is crap, i am an unbeliever, your mother was a camel and your father smelled of elderberries...
    Come kill me if you can, but I'm perfectly safe since Islam is a religion of peace. Can't touch this.
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 19:02
    Why bother debating Christianity v Islam? Nobody will give an inch and you just get frustrated.

Join the Dao of Pooh clan and, if you wish, pick up gems of Taoist wisdom from the private clan forum. Stop scrapping and find peace!🙂😏😴
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    19 May '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:45
    Why is there so much anger between those two beliefs? because from my point of view (non believer) they are very much the same.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jul '06 20:58
    Originally posted by Admartimus
    Why is there so much anger between those two beliefs? because from my point of view (non believer) they are very much the same.
    The anger only seems, from my point of view, to be attributable to a minority, although recent US policy seems to be exacerbating it. You always get some friction between any two groups. Is this any worse than let's say the Protestant / Catholic violence during the 1980's in Northern Ireland?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jul '06 21:15
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Why in academic institutes is it ok to critique Christianity but not Islam?
    Why do you think this is true?
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 01:56
    Originally posted by Admartimus
    IMO it goes all the way back to Isaac and Ishmael (THE org Jew & Arab) But all this hate is really a product of the last century and AMIN AL-HUSSEINI's twisted mind:
    http://tellthechildrenthetruth.com/

Of course, current US policy doesn;t really help much either....
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 02:291 edit
    Originally posted by jrobitai
    IMO it goes all the way back to Isaac and Ishmael (THE org Jew & Arab) But all this hate is really a product of the last century and AMIN AL-HUSSEINI's twisted mind:
    http://tellthechildrenthetruth.com/

Of course, current US policy doesn;t really help much either....
    IMO the story of Isaac and Ishmael is a Hebrew myth. This conflicts are tribal. Apparently, things really weren't that bad between for instance the Palestinians and the Israelis until the British stepped in and mucked things up.

Edit: For all you uber-xian, support Israel always cause this brings on the Rapture types, do you know that Israel is one of the most atheistic (defined here as proportion of those who declare not to be a believer in a god"😉 countries in the world? Just something to think about. And thanks for supporting the atheists.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '06 15:14
    there is conflict because it is very hot, and there is no water.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Jul '06 14:42
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Please post full details to back up this assertion or STFU
    i can only comment on my uni so maybe my comment was a bit too generic 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree