1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 04:302 edits
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Doesn't your holy, holy book contain different stories concerning the birth of Jesus. Did your god "inspire" people to write different scenarios for this "event" ??
    It's another no brainer, lol. 🙄
    The accounts of the birth of Jesus are of two different times, one at the time of the birth and the other at sometime after the birth, possibly as much as two years after. That should be simple enough for anyone to see.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 May '14 14:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Bibles aren't allowed in schools anymore but are encouraged in prison. If kids were allowed to read it at school, they might not end up in prison. 1 in 33 are in the criminal justice system. Average taxpayer dollars per prisoner per year Burdenis this $32,179.

http://justicefellowship.org/
    I once wore a crucifix to school accidentally. When the teacher saw it she shreeked loudly and begin to convulse. I was then sent to the principles office and sent home. 😛
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 May '14 18:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    I once wore a crucifix to school accidentally. When the teacher saw it she shreeked loudly and begin to convulse. I was then sent to the principles office and sent home. 😛
    Was it your English teacher? 😛
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '14 19:311 edit
    WHEW!! Was this ever a hot debate.

William Lane Craig verses Hecter Avelos

The Resurrection of Jesus - Fact or Fiction

YouTube
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 May '14 14:492 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If it was all so crystal clear why are there different
    bibles? Why can't the holy books be agreed upon?

ANSWER: Because men chose what to put in the bible and what
    to leave out. [b]Even if you believe in a god there is no reason
    to believe all of the bible is god's word (or even any of it)

edit: btw: What do you consider the bible? Which one are we talking about?[/b]
    In some cases it is the interpritation (sp) of the bible that comes up with different literary forms. But in some cases (i.e. J. W.'s, and some Methodist's and others) it is what suites thier church, as to how the bible is written.

You are right, and i can understand the Atheists with all thier questions.

Belief in God takes faith.

Understanding God in the basic form may or maynot come from reading scripture. Understanding God come from loving. Loving is central to all God is.

When we reach out to others in thier time of need. God is present too. When we play with our children, or just be with our family. In all these actions, God is there too. You may not know that He is, He just is there.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 May '14 14:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If it was all so crystal clear why are there different
    bibles? Why can't the holy books be agreed upon?

ANSWER: Because men chose what to put in the bible and what
    to leave out. [b]Even if you believe in a god there is no reason
    to believe all of the bible is god's word (or even any of it)

edit: btw: What do you consider the bible? Which one are we talking about?[/b]
    The book of Enoch says in it not to be put in the Bible but to be separate.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 May '14 14:53
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you do realize you linked to the whole site and not just your data, right?
    Duh!
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 May '14 14:291 edit
    Also, I was talking to a veteran about prisoners the other day at the clinic I work at. He says that prisoners get the real drugs and not the generic. I find that really stupid and wasting of taxpayer money. The prisoners can just have the generic drugs they don't need the real normal powerful drugs. Same goes for senior citizens too. And also for all those poor people on government subsidize medical insurance, And that includes myself.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 May '14 02:04
    The prisoners can just have the generic drugs they don't need the real normal powerful drugs.
    Do you know what a generic drug is? 🙄
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '14 16:32
    The prisoners can just have the generic drugs they don't need the real normal powerful drugs.
    "Generic" drugs ARE "the real normal powerful drugs".

All they lack is a brand name.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    02 Jun '14 17:221 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Bible is a book that contains 66 books which is the Word of God.

What? Did you think God would take up pen and paper and write the book directly Himself? No. God inspired 40 men over a period of about 1500 years to write what God intends for man to know about Him and His purposes.

It's a no brainer! That's how it works. The sooner you get that int ...[text shortened]... head the sooner you can stop making erroneous statements about something you know nothing about.
    The claim that the bible is 'inspired' by 'god' is a risible nonsense peddled by the misguided to the gullible. Clearly these people feel more comfortable knowing that they have persuaded others to agree with their delusions, but really, scripture should only be regarded as a source material by historians. It is laughably irrelevant as a source of moral guidance or material insight. That men still fritter away their lives arguing over the nuances of parables written in a different and long -dead world is just sad. If there is a god, and he wants you to know something, I reckon he could come up with a better way of getting his message across, don't you?

(edit) No-brainer. That's what you'd have to be to accept somebody else's word that the bible represents the word of god. Think for yourself man!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree