1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:07
    The world cup is fast approaching.

Is it a misuse of prayer if believers pray to God and ask Him to help their team win?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf

Is it a misuse of prayer if believers pray to God and ask Him to help their team win?
    I don’t think so. I think God likes hearing from His children and understands how strongly some feel about their sports’ teams - even in a sport as ridiculous as soccer.

But I believe one mark of a mature Christian is that he or she prays for God’s will to be done. That kind of prayer recognizes that God knows what is best, and it’s actually part of the Lord’s Prayer.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:182 edits

If you were praying for England to win, it would most definitely be a waste of prayer. Not gonna happen. At least not based on the squad they picked. 😛
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:21
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you were praying for England to win, it would most definitely be a waste of prayer. Not gonna happen. At least not based on the squad they picked. 😛
    I thought Kiddo lived in Indonesia. Did Indonesia field a team?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:221 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I thought Kiddo lived in Indonesia. Did Indonesia field a team?
    Think he's of UK heritage, I'm guessing he will be supporting England at the WC.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:28
    Think he's of UK heritage, I'm guessing he will be supporting England at the WC.
    Holy smokes. I think Indonesia was banned from the World Cup! What the hell’s going on over there?!

How screwed up a country do you have to be to get banned from entering a soccer team in the World Cup?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:341 edit
    Holy smokes. I think Indonesia was banned from the World Cup! What the hell’s going on over there?!

How screwed up a country do you have to be to get banned from entering a soccer team in the World Cup?
    They were banned from the qualifiers, doesn't mean they would have made it to the world cup if they weren't banned.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-world-indonesia/indonesia-excluded-from-2018-world-cup-qualifiers-idUKKBN0OJ11420150603
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:38
    They were banned from the qualifiers, doesn't mean they would have made it to the world cup if they weren't banned.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-world-indonesia/indonesia-excluded-from-2018-world-cup-qualifiers-idUKKBN0OJ11420150603
    No wonder Kiddo’s not rooting for Indonesia.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:38

Is the good ol’ USA in the World Cup?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:481 edit
    Is the good ol’ USA in the World Cup?
    Looks like the USA isn’t in the World Cup either. But at least we weren’t banned like Indonesia - we just lost to some lame countries no one ever heard of in the qualifiers.

Sad!
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:51

Thread update:

FMF creates a thread and his two sycophantic trolls are all over it, even though FMF himself has not responded to either of them directly in these forums in a fortnight. (Not once). This doesn't stop them of course from eagerly gossiping about him like a couple of prepubescent girls and trying to provoke a reaction by besmirching Indonesia.

Tragic.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:55
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Thread update:

FMF creates a thread and his two sycophantic trolls are all over it, even though FMF himself has not responded to either of them directly in these forums in a fortnight. (Not once). This doesn't stop them of course from eagerly gossiping about him like a couple of prepubescent girls and trying to provoke a reaction by besmirching Indonesia.

Tragic.
    Oh lighten up, Heartpence. I just noted Indonesia’s absence from the World Cup and wondered why it happened.

Stop being such a drama queen.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '18 06:581 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Thread update:

Tragic.
    What information shared here do you view as gossip?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '18 07:01
    What information shared here do you view a gossip?
    That’s a good question.

Apparently stating that Kiddo lives in Indonesia (which he has mentioned several times) and Indonesia being banned from the World Cup (fact) constitutes gossip in Heartpence’s overheated, hypersensitive view.

Bad!
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 May '18 07:12
    That’s a good question.

Apparently stating that Kiddo lives in Indonesia (which he has mentioned several times) and Indonesia being banned from the World Cup (fact) constitutes gossip in Heartpence’s overheated, hypersensitive view.

Bad!
    Gossip: casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.

If we are gossiping it means FMF lied about living in Indonesia or about being of UK heritage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree