Worse than flipping between CNN & Fox News...

Worse than flipping between CNN & Fox News...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 May 07

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
What does the gospel of Pawnhandler have to say about the virgin birth and the second coming of Christ? I have many problems with the literal Word with regards to these issues and I'd like them resolved.
I have oftern come twice. Does that make me Jesus?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
30 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I have oftern come twice. Does that make me Jesus?
No, just a dolt.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
30 May 07

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Certainly. But why not consider the amazing continuity therein as well? For instance, the perfect fulfillment of prophecy in the life of Jesus Christ. Or the fulfilled prophecy of Daniel, which predicted the next three historically verified empires since Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon (the Persians, Greeks and Romans), with the fourth kingdom yet to be fulf ...[text shortened]... onesty, genuineness and truth could not itself be a book of lies, disingenuousness and falsity.
I appreciate your response and I don't think that the discrepancies, etc... were, necessarily, deliberate. I don't think the fundamental tenants of Christianity are a bad thing. Certainly treating your fellow man with kindness and living your life in as responsible a fashion as possible are enviable ideals. Nonetheless, the fallicies and mythology make it very difficult to accept.

Things have changed from 400AD. Society is, obviously, much more complicated and we, as a species, perhaps not equipped to deal with such complexity. Perhaps a literal intepretation of the resurrection of Christ was important/required as were the 'adjustment' of the actual events to line up with prophecy. I would say that none of this is important in todays society and just serves to further divide us.

The quest for spiritual truth, the true nature of God is important and should come before Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buhdism, Shinto, Zen and the various sects contained therein. Too long have we fought over each version of 'The Truth' without keeping an open mind. While this will never happen, we, as a species, need to take an objective 2000AD look at what matters to us.

I could go one with this babble, but, it seems futile.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
30 May 07

What does the gospel of Pawnhandler have to say about the virgin birth and the second coming of Christ? I have many problems with the literal Word with regards to these issues and I'd like them resolved.
During the time of Jesus, the expression " Virgin birth " ment any women who was giving birth for the First time. All first births were Virgin! Anyone ever hear this?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 07

No, just a dolt.
Hmm, an adult adolt? Adroit adult dolt? No, wait.....

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
31 May 07

Originally posted by stepnkev
I teach Sunday School at the Church I go to and we’re currently covering the New Testament in class, namely Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. I began the lesson by having every member of the class each take turns looking out the window. I then had each of them write down on a sheet of paper what they had seen. When everyone was finished, we read each of them al ...[text shortened]... from the Church is not giving someone the Christ-like love before and after they attend Church.
Did you ever have a man waving his arms around and preaching outside the window? Pretty sure, if you did, that'd be the thing that comes back on every kids paper. And it'd all be the same man.