1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:22
    What form of worship/theology ~ if any ~ of a 'creator being' would you propose or engage in if it had been revealed to you - and therefore you believed - that humans were created to exist for a finite amount of time and there was definitely no prospect of everlasting life?

Shorter version: What form of worship would humans having been created [and nothing more] warrant?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:262 edits
    This thread is related to Thread 177121, which, despite reportedly being "a very interesting topic", died a death. It's also related to Thread 175588 which fared a wee bit better.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:56
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What form of worship/theology ~ if any ~ of a 'creator being' would you propose or engage in if it had been revealed to you - and therefore you believed - that humans were created to exist for a finite amount of time and there was definitely prospect of everlasting life?

Shorter version: What form of worship would humans having been created [and nothing more] warrant?
    Aside from wondering, now and then, if revealed implies a revealer-person and if so, whether the revealer-person has interests, what they are, and how they can be influenced, it would be not at all much different than international relations, with a new enigmatic player of unknown power in the game. I would want to know the protocols of behavior. The prospects for a decent here-and-now finite life would take precedence over the everlasting prospects.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 04:59
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What form of worship/theology ~ if any ~ of a 'creator being' would you propose or engage in if it had been revealed to you - and therefore you believed - that humans were created to exist for a finite amount of time and there was definitely no prospect of everlasting life?

Short answer: it would warrant cautious hospitality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree