1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:24
    Did you ever wonder what happens to your tears that continually flow across your eyes? Dr William Paley wrote a classic titled Natural Theology in which he discusses the eye. "In order to keep the eye moist and clean-which qualities are necessary to its brightness and its use- a wash is constantly supplied by a secretion for the purpose; and the superfluous brine is conveyed to the nose through a perforation in the bone as large as a goose quill. When the fluid has entered the nose, it spreads itself upon the inside of the nostril and is evaporated by the current warm air which in the course of respiration is continually passing over it... It is easily perceived that the eye must want moisture; but could the want of the eye generate the gland which produces the tear, or bore the hole by which it is discharged- a hole through a bone?" Let the atheist or the evolutionist tell us who bored the hole in the bone and laid a water pipe through it for the dispersion of our tears.

Sir Charles Scott Sherrington, famous English physiologist of Oxford who wrote a classic on the eye, said: "Behind the intricate mechanism of the human eye lie breathtaking glimpses of a Master Plan."
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:46
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Let the atheist or the evolutionist tell us who bored the hole in the bone and laid a water pipe through it for the dispersion of our tears.
    It was Jesus Christ. Christ of God, Lion of Judah, and Borer of bone holes! Hallelujah! Yahweh or the Highway!
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:48
    Did you ever wonder what happens to your tears that continually flow across your eyes? Dr William Paley wrote a classic titled Natural Theology in which he discusses the eye. "In order to keep the eye moist and clean-which qualities are necessary to its brightness and its use- a wash is constantly supplied by a secretion for the purpose; and the superfluo ...[text shortened]... "Behind the intricate mechanism of the human eye lie breathtaking glimpses of a Master Plan."
    oh boy, another stab at the "all in one go" argument.

Rather than exhaust myself debating this point ALL OVER AGAIN, look up a few of the threads that have already discussed this.

However, in short, the proto-eye developed along with the proto-gland and the proto-hole and they became more sophisitcated. The eye did not arrive one day, fully formed, on the back of an amoeba, and then, an hour later, the gland and "bone-hole".

4. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 14:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It was Jesus Christ. Christ of God, Lion of Judah, and Borer of bone holes! Hallelujah! Yahweh or the Highway!
    a rec for

"Yahweh or the Highway!"

never heard that before!

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 15:03
    Did you ever wonder what happens to your tears that continually flow across your eyes? Dr William Paley wrote a classic titled Natural Theology in which he discusses the eye. "In order to keep the eye moist and clean-which qualities are necessary to its brightness and its use- a wash is constantly supplied by a secretion for the purpose; and the superfluo ...[text shortened]... "Behind the intricate mechanism of the human eye lie breathtaking glimpses of a Master Plan."
    Go to http://www.2think.org/eye.shtml for a discussion of Paley's statements concerning the eye.
  6. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 15:15
    Originally posted by Alcra
    oh boy, another stab at the "all in one go" argument.

Rather than exhaust myself debating this point ALL OVER AGAIN, look up a few of the threads that have already discussed this.

However, [b]in short
    , the proto-eye developed along with the proto-gland and the proto-hole and they became more sophisitcated. The eye did not arrive one day, fully formed, on the back of an amoeba, and then, an hour later, the gland and "bone-hole".

[/b]
    If you want to just throw out all reason, and refuse to address true scientific questions, then why not just call on the mighty 'proto-human race' and be done with it! The 'mechanism' that came up with all of your supposed necessary protos can surely be called God, can it not?

No wonder Jesus said 'though seeing they do not see, though hearing they do not hear or understand'. Mathew 13:13

7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 15:28
    a fly has many more eyes than we have: does that mean they get
    breathtaking glimpses of many Master Plans or just one Plan of many Masters ?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 15:47
    Amazing.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 16:151 edit
    Most of this was plagiarized from

http://www.gmau.org/ThinkingCaps/tcap29.htm

A few words were changed, but not a significant amount.

Dj2becker - Lord of spamming other peoples ideas! If people address one cut n paste, why, he can cut n paste again, and again, and again, until all submit!
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:01
    Did God also give us an appendix? If so, boy is he stupid!
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:16
    Originally posted by bbarr
    All I know is he gave me a mighty bone hole; just ask djbecker. This makes up
    for the uselessness of the appendix or other vestigial organs.

Of course, your bone hole might be vestigial at this point, Bennett. I do seem
    to recall that you are married. πŸ˜‰

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:27
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Most of this was plagiarized from

http://www.gmau.org/ThinkingCaps/tcap29.htm

A few words were changed, but not a significant amount.

Dj2becker - Lord of spamming other peoples ideas! If people address one cut n paste, why, he can cut n paste again, and again, and again, until all submit!
    Boy Thousand, you are a class act. Attack the man if the argument is too strongπŸ™‚ I think you should read the book, WHY I BELIEVE by D. James Kennedy. While you read it take a look at p.38. You will find the argument I used there. By the way its a common argument used by Christians. I did not cut and paste it. Nor did I claim it was my own. You can check up on me with big brother! πŸ™‚
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:51
    Originally posted by bbarr
    The appendix contains a high concentration of lymphoid follicles. These are highly specialized structures which are a part of the immune system. The clue to the appendix’s function is found in its strategic position right where the small bowel meets the large bowel or colon. The colon is loaded with bacteria which are useful there, but which must be kept away from other areas such as the small bowel and the bloodstream.

The appendix has a very special purpose.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i1/appendix.asp
  15. Not Kansas
    Moves
    11 Apr '05 18:59
    This is getting silly-but "Yahweh or the highway" is a keeper.
    All this bone-hole talk has put me off my dinner.
    Speaking of which, the colon is a wonderful invention too, where would we be without it? All filled up with nowhere to go.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree