1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 20:30
    Geologist John Mackay from Australia says that all the theories of how to date the age of the earth have all been replaced by new theories. The reason is that atheists make them up as they go along.

For example, while he was preparing for a presentation in 1999 to the Oxford Union on fossils that he noticed that a fossil found in Australia in 1910, which he had taken a photo of at the British Museum in 1987, had aged from 200 million years to 235 million years, according to the age label of the fossil. So he checked the original shipping certificate from Australia to England to see how old it was when it was found in Australia and it was shown to be 180 million years old.

It is amazing how atheists can age a fossil 55 million years in only 89 years. What kind of age scale are atheists using? Or are they really making it up as they go along? What do the atheists say? The following video answers those questions:

YouTube
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 09:09
    no
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 14:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Geologist John Mackay from Australia says that all the theories of how to date the age of the earth have all been replaced by new theories. The reason is that atheists make them up as they go along.

For example, while he was preparing for a presentation in 1999 to the Oxford Union on fossils that he noticed that a fossil found in Australia in 1910, which ...[text shortened]... say? The following video answers those questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTh43O4r2vI
    You seem to know exactly zero about the scientific method.

"Ignorance is not an opinion!" -- Dilbert
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 18:43

For example, while he was preparing for a presentation in 1999 to the Oxford Union on fossils that he noticed that a fossil found in Australia in 1910, which ...[text shortened]... say? The following video answers those questions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTh43O4r2vI
    Hmmm, amazing! I believe it was a catholic priest that came up with the big bang theory.

Oh, that is right Catholics aren't Christians, or are they?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 22:35
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Hmmm, amazing! I believe it was a catholic priest that came up with the big bang theory.

Oh, that is right Catholics aren't Christians, or are they?
    Even from the beginning of the church, we were warned of false teachers coming along to to take advantage of the sheep.

2 Peter 2:1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

1 Timothy 4:1-3

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 00:33
    Even from the beginning of the church, we were warned of false teachers coming along to to take advantage of the sheep.

[b]But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who ...[text shortened]... s which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
    [/b]
    yeh, i am sure that is what they had in mind.

"beware those that may teach you physics, or biology for they are the minions of the evil one." this is how every chapter in the bible begins.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 00:42

[b]But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who ...[text shortened]... s which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
    [/b]
    would you include yourself in this? You are claiming to be a teacher.

You read the scripture and yet have no understanding of it.

Have you been baptized in the Spirit? Do you know why it is good to receive this baptism?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 01:09
    would you include yourself in this? You are claiming to be a teacher.

You read the scripture and yet have no understanding of it.

Have you been baptized in the Spirit? Do you know why it is good to receive this baptism?
    I guess it is all a matter of opinion. So what I say doesn't seem to matter to you.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 01:34
    I guess it is all a matter of opinion. So what I say doesn't seem to matter to you.
    If your opinion didn't matter to me then i would ignore you. And yes RJ i do like reading your statements and i do listen. You were the one who stated to me months ago that God created time too. Made me think a little more.

Now i'm asking you to hear me. And what i'm telling you is all scriptural, i just don't try to quote everything. God wants us to think.

Jesus is our roots, the cornerstone, the vine. But we too have to grow. It is through Jesus we know the Father. The cornerstone that is laid correctly, then the rest of the house is built. Jesus is not the whole house. It is through Jesus the house is built.

Jesus is the vine, and we are the branches, we still have to grow.

It is all about how we grow, how we build that we reach the Father.

It is written, you are saved through faith. The confusion is in the words. Being saved is laying the cornerstone. Now you need to build the house.
    Being saved is when you first come to know Jesus - in your heart. But being saved and going to eternity with the Father are two different things.

You must have Jesus in your heart to come to the Father.

You know Jesus is present in the heart by the persons fruit. Love, Compassion, when you see these things, Jesus is present. The person may never know Jesus, but Jesus knows that person. Jesus is living in them.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:03
    If your opinion didn't matter to me then i would ignore you. And yes RJ i do like reading your statements and i do listen. You were the one who stated to me months ago that God created time too. Made me think a little more.

Now i'm asking you to hear me. And what i'm telling you is all scriptural, i just don't try to quote everything. God wants us to thi ...[text shortened]... present. The person may never know Jesus, but Jesus knows that person. Jesus is living in them.
    Matthew 24:13

New King James Version (NKJV)

But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Doesn't this mean that one must endure in the faith to the end to be saved?
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:121 edit
    Matthew 24:13

New King James Version (NKJV)

[b]But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Doesn't this mean that one must endure in the faith to the end to be saved?[/b]
    what does the rest of that reading state? Don't have a bible on hand.

Enduring, Jesus is still the cornerstone, and we still have to build the house. We have to work at it, endure it. Christ in us and through us. We become the vessel of God. It is not a free ride.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:261 edit
    what does the rest of that reading state? Don't have a bible on hand.

Enduring, Jesus is still the cornerstone, and we still have to build the house. We have to work at it, endure it. Christ in us and through us. We become the vessel of God. It is not a free ride.
    How much work do you think we must do to be able to go into eternity with the Father?

Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”

As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

“Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

“Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house. Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told you in advance. So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

“But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and [an]assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(Matthew 24:1-51 NASB)
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 04:11
    How much work do you think we must do to be able to go into eternity with the Father?

[b]Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down ...[text shortened]... rites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(Matthew 24:1-51 NASB)[/b]
    To take care of those who God has put you in charge of, until He returns or you are taken to Him. (see your last paragraph, this will answer your question.)

The work that you mention, is your endurance. The Apostles preached, husbands and wives raise their children and take care of each other. Feed to poor. Help those who can not return the favor. In love, it is Christ who works through you.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 07:30
    To take care of those who God has put you in charge of, until He returns or you are taken to Him. (see your last paragraph, this will answer your question.)

The work that you mention, is your endurance. The Apostles preached, husbands and wives raise their children and take care of each other. Feed to poor. Help those who can not return the favor. In love, it is Christ who works through you.
    So you believe one is not saved by faith alone and must endure to the end by doing good works in order to obtain eternal life, right?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 09:03
    So you believe one is not saved by faith alone and must endure to the end by doing good works in order to obtain eternal life, right?
    James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree