1. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 15:072 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    So what you're saying is is that the love of God is something to be considered negative and pessimistic. That the offer of eternal life is not worth taking.
    No, this is what you and others like RJH, RBH, sonship are saying by stating that the love of god will send the vast majority of living and dead people to hell. The offer of "eternal life" has been portrayed on this forum to be ridiculous.

Here is my prediction for the future:

1. That the formal churches will continue to become emptier, since people will begin more and more to see through the fascade of hypocrisy and unreality
    2. That the non-church (i.e. people meeting informally just to have fellowship and share common experiences) will grow and that this will build bridges between all people desiring a spiritual connection
    3. That this will not deter the Fundamentalist Boxes to remain strict and exclusive, battening down the hatches - so expect more hellfire and damnation preaching
    4. That small ripples of goodwill, compassion and acceptance will radiate out from many new centres of interspiritual connectivity which will touch human hearts and unite us in our common quest for giving and receiving love.
    5. Finally, that the current backlash against mindless consumerism triggered by the debate around Climate Change and resource depletion will grow. This will result (certainly slowly at first, but inevitably) in the re-evalution by many people of their values and cause them to begin to see the bigger picture which essentially is the interdependence of all of us for the common good.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '15 21:16
    My prediction is that the US will continue to spiral down a slippery slope, and Satan will become more and more bold.
    But on the positive side, Christians who continue to walk in fellowship with God will prosper in every way, because God is faithful. Christians will shine brightly as the world gets darker and darker.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:51
    A newbie with histrionics.

Now we know your name.
    You are... an idiot, Joseph.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:55
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Because I have a new born I have been reading to him daily anything and everything. For the USA only 19% of parents read to their children from birth to 12 years of age. 47% of parents do very little reading to their child. And the rest do not which is 34%, I bet this is much worse in 3rd world countries.
    Of course it is.

But a century ago, you probably couldn't have read to your children. And a century from now, who knows how much of Africa will be literate? More so than now, in any case, and much more so than it used to be.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My prediction is that the US will continue to spiral down a slippery slope, and Satan will become more and more bold.
    But on the positive side, Christians who continue to walk in fellowship with God will prosper in every way, because God is faithful. Christians will shine brightly as the world gets darker and darker.
    You may be right, but they'll have to do so outside the USA, which is ruled by the Mammon and his side-kick the Moloch.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:10
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    You are... an idiot, Joseph.
    You are... a genius, Blue.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 03:221 edit
    All indications point to an economic down turn. Some say it will be severe.

The falling oil prices have many spooked, in addition to other canaries in the cave dying.

I'm no economist, but all this buying and selling of debt is just insane. It's really voodoo economics if you ask me.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 13:17
    Originally posted by whodey

The falling oil prices have many spooked, in addition to other canaries in the cave dying.

I'm no economist, but all this buying and selling of debt is just insane. It's really voodoo economics if you ask me.
    Originally posted by whodey

US Currency: [In Not Balancing Our Budget We Trust] [In Loose Monetary Policy We Trust] [In Mushrooming Debt We Trust]
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 20:39
    You are... a genius, Blue.
    Not quite, but then, I don't have to be.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 22:06
    We could run a book on how many politicians will make career destroying comments on Twitter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree