Your last conversation on earth...

Your last conversation on earth...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
21 Jan 13

If the gods were real, it would not be a mystery.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist

If the gods were real, it would not be a mystery.
http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php?id=135&option=com_content&task=view

T

Moves
21 Jan 13
3 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Voltaire; Paine; Carlyle; and Gandhi's words (then a host of other notables):

http://www.thefreepressonline.co.uk/news/1/1830.htm

Hope this helps.
.[/b]
It doesn't put Gandhi's words in the context in which they were originally said. Did you completely miss the point of my post?

Like I said:
"Do you know the context in which the 'My days are numbered..' quote was said? It reads like something either taken out of context or made up. Seems like he could easily be speaking of his political work if he actually said it. If this is true, then shame on those who have placed those words in a context which makes it seem like he is speaking of his spiritual life....The sites that did quote the text that I checked all seemed to be used in a context to promote a Christian agenda, promote an anti-atheist agenda, promote a right-wing agenda, etc. "

How would this possibly help? If you can't come up with anything, it seems reasonably safe to assume that some unscrupulous individual (likely Christian) either took Gandhi's words out of context or just made them up.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

It doesn't put Gandhi's words in the context in which they were originally said. Did you completely miss the point of my post?

Like I said:
"Do you know the context in which the 'My days are numbered..' quote was said? [b]It reads like something either taken out of context or made up.
Seems like he could easily be speaking of his political work ...[text shortened]... idual (likely Christian) either took Gandhi's words out of context or just made them up.[/b]
Your call.