1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 03:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just as your "modus operandi" of never answering a question put directly to you severely undercuts your desire to justify your own "bad-mouthing".
    Can you give me one example of me not answering a question put to me...just one?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '16 03:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you give me one example of me not answering a question put to me...just one?
    To be fair, I don't think Suzianne actually meant that you don't answer questions put to you. I think she was simply trying to say something caustic to you regardless of whether it was true or not. If so, then she has succeeded.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '16 14:23
    You post a lot about death, why?
    Because it's one of two ultimate realities each of us face....................
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 May '16 14:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Because it's one of two ultimate realities each of us face....................
    There is either only one, or an infinite number of 'ultimate' realities each of us faces.
    Depending on ones point of view.

There are not two.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 May '16 01:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is that literally a "1000 years"?
    Yes.
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 May '16 02:08
    So are you now saying that the martyrs of Christ in Revelation don't actually die?

Is this JW dogma?
    You are confusing the 144,000 listed before the "great crowd" who are the martyrs with the great crowd itself.
    (Revelation 7:4-8) And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel: 5 Out of the tribe of Judah 12,000 sealed; out of the tribe of Reuʹben 12,000; out of the tribe of Gad 12,000; 6 out of the tribe of Ashʹer 12,000; out of the tribe of Naphʹta·li 12,000; out of the tribe of Ma·nasʹseh 12,000; 7 out of the tribe of Simʹe·on 12,000; out of the tribe of Leʹvi 12,000; out of the tribe of Isʹsa·char 12,000; 8 out of the tribe of Zebʹu·lun 12,000; out of the tribe of Joseph 12,000; out of the tribe of Benjamin 12,000 sealed.
    (Revelation 7:9) After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,
    As anyone can see, there are two groups.
    One is given a difinite number.
    The other is a large unnumbered great crowd that will be saved thru the tribulation.
    This is simply what the Bible says.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 05:47
    Originally posted by roigam
    You are confusing the 144,000 listed before the "great crowd" who are the martyrs with the great crowd itself.
    (Revelation 7:4-8) And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel: 5 Out of the tribe of Judah 12,000 sealed; out of the tribe of Reuʹben 12,000; out of the tribe of Gad 12,000; 6 out of th ...[text shortened]... mbered great crowd that will be saved thru the tribulation.
    How many spaces are left in the 144,000?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:11
    "You blame GB for a lot on this website. Why?"

You blew right past this question in your eagerness to have a swing at me.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    To be fair, I don't think Suzianne actually meant that you don't answer questions put to you. I think she was simply trying to say something caustic to you regardless of whether it was true or not. If so, then she has succeeded.
    And again your powers of mind-reading have failed you.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    There is either only one, or an infinite number of 'ultimate' realities each of us faces.
    Depending on ones point of view.

There are not two.
    Death and taxes?

Yes, I'm joking. Relax.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:18
    And again your powers of mind-reading have failed you.
    So is your comment about divegeester's "modus operandi" being one in which he never answers a question put directly to him, true or false? Your deflection about my "powers of mind-reading" suggest I have hit the nail on the head.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Revelation 7:4-8) And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel: 5 Out of the tribe of Judah 12,000 sealed; out of the tribe of Reuʹben 12,000; out of the tribe of Gad 12,000; 6 out of th ...[text shortened]... mbered great crowd that will be saved thru the tribulation.
    No.

Again you have this wrong.

Yes, of course there are two groups, this is plain. The 144,000 are ethnic Jews, not JWs, for one thing. And they are sealed to God and they survive the Tribulation, for they are to meet Jesus at Mt. Zion (see below).

The martyrs, who do not survive the Tribulation, are the great multitude of all nations.

Far more people will die in the Tribulation than will survive. To claim that only the 144,000 are martyrs and that the multitudes survive the Tribulation is, well, crazy.

"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
    And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
    And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
    These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
    And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God." -- Revelation 14:1-5, KJV
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    So is your comment about divegeester's "modus operandi" being one in which he never answers a question put directly to him, true or false? Your deflection about my "powers of mind-reading" suggest I have hit the nail on the head.
    Stop obfuscating. He asked me to give him an example and I did, and from this very thread. I see you missed it too, in your eagerness to defend him, as usual.

You haven't exactly hit any nails "on the head" since I've been posting in these forums. You exaggerate and pontificate routinely.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    And exactly how is my comment about your "powers of mind-reading" a deflection?

I replied to your comment to him. How was I "deflecting"? What was I "deflecting"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '16 08:55
    Stop obfuscating. He asked me to give him an example and I did, and from this very thread. I see you missed it too, in your eagerness to defend him, as usual.

You haven't exactly hit any nails "on the head" since I've been posting in these forums. You exaggerate and pontificate routinely.
    You're dodging again. I am not asking for an example of diveegeester not answering a question. What evidence do you have that never answering a question put directly to him is divegeester's "modus operandi"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree