1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '06 15:31
    what i want to know is - do you believe in either and do you think as we get reincarnated do we keep the same soul? also what do you think a soul is and are we all born with one or do you have to earn it my doing something, believing in something ect. ect.......
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 May '06 22:48
    Originally posted by trevor33
    what i want to know is - do you believe in either and do you think as we get reincarnated do we keep the same soul? also what do you think a soul is and are we all born with one or do you have to earn it my doing something, believing in something ect. ect.......
    No, I don't believe in either.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '06 01:231 edit
    I have two problems with reincary. One is why would we who must be very low on the totem pole of evolution have the right to assume we are WORTH reincarnating? the second thing is numerical:
    There are estimates of the number of humans who have ever lived as being something close to a trillion. So we go back a million years and say there were a million total back then, they get reincarnied and more and more people get born but they are repaved souls. So now we have billions of people born and all of them repaved. So where would the souls come from to fill all those new borns? If the population was stable I could see where repaving could happen, same number born as old ones die. But the way it is now, more people are born than die so where would those souls come from? They sure as heck could not come from the indiginous population, too many new ones popping out.
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 May '06 01:54
    Souls do not exist.

and it's "etc." as in "et cetera"; Latin for 'and the rest'.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 02:261 edit
    I find it humerous that when some one says they were reincarnated they were always a person of interest from the past. You never hear someone say, "Yes, I was reincarnated. From my last recolection in fact, I was an ant and some one stepped on me."
  6. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    15 May '06 04:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have two problems with reincary. One is why would we who must be very low on the totem pole of evolution have the right to assume we are WORTH reincarnating? the second thing is numerical:
    There are estimates of the number of humans who have ever lived as being something close to a trillion. So we go back a million years and say there were a million tota ...[text shortened]... They sure as heck could not come from the indiginous population, too many new ones popping out.
    It could be that ants and other advanced creatures are being punished for transgressions by having their souls forced into a human. Not that I would wish that on any poor soul, but then I'm not incharge of the universe, more's the pity.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    15 May '06 04:22
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    It could be that ants and other advanced creatures are being punished for transgressions by having their souls forced into a human. Not that I would wish that on any poor soul, but then I'm not incharge of the universe, more's the pity.
    No one's in charge sos, get used to it ...
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 May '06 08:49
    I dont believe in either reincarnation or souls but I dont understand your question about reincarnation with a different soul, how could this be reincarnation? Is there another entity that is you that is not a soul but can be reincarnated?
    One of the problems of the whole soul concept is that it gets complicated when you realise that life and even conciousness is divisible, indistinct and everchanging. If souls exist then they are not you or your conciousness and you should have no motivation for bettering it and thus the existance of reincarnation or heaven should be unimportant.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 May '06 08:58
    I don't believe in the soul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree