Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 May '06 10:521 edit
    hiphopEmass.org.

The Word became flesh and dwelt in the hood."

Trinity hip hop mass. Who will speak for the thugs?"

The 23rd PSalm

The Lord is all that, I need for nothing.
    He allows me to chill.
    He keeps me from being heated
    and allows me to breathe easy.
    He guides my life so that
    I can represent and give
    shout outs in his Name.
    And even though I walk through
    the Hood of death,
    I don';t back down
    for you have my back.
    The fact that you have me covered
    allows me to chill.
    He provides me with back-up
    in front of my player-haters
    and I know I am a baller
    and life will be phat.
    I fall back in the Lord's crib
    for the rest of my life.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 May '06 15:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    hiphopEmass.org.

The Word became flesh and dwelt in the hood."

Trinity hip hop mass. Who will speak for the thugs?"

The 23rd PSalm

The Lord is all that, I need for nothing.
    He allows me to chill.
    He keeps me from being heated
    and allows me to breathe easy.
    He guides my life so that
    I can represent and give
    shout outs in his Name.
    And ...[text shortened]... m a baller
    and life will be phat.
    I fall back in the Lord's crib
    for the rest of my life.
    Too bad they're Episcopal and not Catholic. I'd love to see a thug version of the Catechism. It might make some sense to me if presented on a level like that that I could understand.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 May '06 15:351 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Too bad they're Episcopal and not Catholic. I'd love to see a thug version of the Catechism. It might make some sense to me if presented on a level like that that I could understand.
    Are you familiar with the verse in Isaiah, "Here I am Lord, send me" ? Perhaps God is calling you to take a stab at it.

I think when I go to a church and they start saying "Amen" and all that I'm going to just start saying "Word!"
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:061 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Are you familiar with the verse in Isaiah, "Here I am Lord, send me" ? Perhaps God is calling you to take a stab at it.
    Maybe I'll give it a try. I'll get to work on a couple of my favorite sections: 1034 and 1035. http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/art12.html
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:135 edits
    Maybe I'll give it a try. I'll get to work on a couple of my favorite sections: 1034 and 1035. http://www.christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/art12.html
    Traditional:

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.[612] Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,"[613] and that he will pronounce the condemnation: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire!"[614]

1035 The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."[615] The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hip-Hop

1034-HH Jesus always be talkin' 'bout "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" where tha bouncers only be lettin' in G's who ain't tryin' to believe and convert and shizzle, where a nigga ain't got nothin' comin'.[612] Jesus grab tha mic real serious and be all like "I'ma send my crew, and they gonna regulate . . . hataz is gonna be BBQ'd, know what I'm sayin'?"[613] Then he gonna dis 'em all final like "Outta my face, suckaz! You had yo' chance, foolz. And good news fo' tha brothaz - I ain't lettin' no Jews up in here."[614]

1035-HH Niggaz don't be doubtin' tha Gehena. After a brotha get iced, if he ain't said his prayers and got right wit tha Lord, he gonna be goin' to hell wit no get-back, I'm talkin' fo' life.[615] It's gonna be so solitary, ain't even God allowed in tha cell wit ya, which means you gonna get bread, water, and not a damn thing else, so yo, you don't wanna be catchin' that case.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:25
    Traditional:

1034 Jesus often speaks of "Gehenna" of "the unquenchable fire" reserved for those who to the end of their lives refuse to believe and be converted, where both soul and body can be lost.[612] Jesus solemnly proclaims that he "will send his angels, and they will gather . . . all evil doers, and throw them into the furnace of fire,"[61 ...[text shortened]... se, so yo, you don't wanna be catchin' that case.
    Word!
  7. Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:28
    ha ha ha funny guys
  8. Joined
    18 Mar '06
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:44
    Your thoughts please ......................oke.We have this in 2 Peter 1:3; "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him (Christ) that hath called us to glory and virtue." This says that the education, sanctification, and growth of the New Creature are in "learning Christ." From conversion to his death the dominant theme of the Apostle Paul's life was summed up in these words; "That I may know him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death," (Philippians 3:10). Until it becomes a revelation of the heart that "Christ is all" (Colossians 3:11), we can never truly overcome this thing called "self'

Self is very subtle, like Satan it can appear as an angel of light. If it were possible the very elect would be deceived by it. Self can be very religious, and its greatest desire is to be accepted, to be recognized as righteous. The attitude of most Christians is that God should improve them. Their thinking is, I have been redeemed, I am a child of God, I must ask Him to make me a better servant of Jesus Christ. Further they believe that God should channel some love into their heart, some faith, some power, some holiness, and improve them. What we must learn is that self-improvement is both a sin and an impossibility.

To overcome this self, and to truly become the Christian God intends the revelation must come to the heart that "Christ is all and in you all." With that revelation will come the understanding that "God is love." Love is not something that can be channeled into you, love is a person; God is love, therefore, love is God loving. Power is not something that can be given to you making you a more powerful servant of Jesus Christ. Power like love is a person, and that person is not I. It is exclusively Christ, who is God; it doesn't matter whether you call Him Father, Son, or Holy Ghost. Finally, with the revelation that "Christ is all" comes the further revelation that "eternal life" is not something it is a Person. Jesus did not say that He had a life to give; He said, "I am life."

Perhaps at this point there is the question, "where do I fit into all of this?" It is all gathered up in the statement "Christ is all and in all." Christ is all not Christ has all. If Christ is all, what is left for me? We thought we were somebody and something or could get something. We found that God had taken the lot. Christ is all. Here is the link. Christ is all and in all. When this revelation came to my spirit I saw, and I pray that you see, that the reason for the existence of the entire creation is to contain the Creator! Not to be something but to contain someone. With this truth comes another important truth. We humans regard the human self as important; all of this shows us that self is extremely unimportant. There is only one Self in the universe that is really important. Why?

Because there is only one person in this universe who said, "I Am." There is only one person, and the human creation is brought into a living relationship with this One, so that He can manifest Himself in His perfection of life and love through us. The whole creation exists because Spirit must have a body to manifest Himself. The scriptures declare that "The whole earth is full of His glory." They also say that Christ ascended "that He might fill all things." If Christ fills all things, all things are containers of Him. Here is both the height and dangerous depth in humanity.

The height is this: The rest of creation can contain manifestations of God; we can contain God as a person. God can manifest His beauty through the flowers and the trees. We can look at them, mar\ el at their beauty, but we do not say, "That's God." The greatest marvel, the greatest height of personality, is when we can look at a human being and say, "God is there."

The depths, the dangers, of humanity are that personality means freedom. Intelligent choice is the essence of personality. Therefore God appeared to be on the horns of a dilemma when He created people, because the people He created could turn around and say, "I don't want you to live in me." That is exactly what happened. We make self our god, not God. We want to run our own lives, and that is our whole problem. There is not a single problem in humanity except our self reactions. Once we know how to handle the human self and put it back where it belongs, we have found the key to life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree