1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 20:31
    So who will share the championship with Ohio State in college football?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 21:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    So who will share the championship with Ohio State in college football?
    A non-cheating school (or at least one not dumb enough to be caught cheating) will be the BCS champion. At least the Buckeyes will avoid what would have been their inevitable choke (though probably the fact that they had no pressure on them this year contributed to their undefeated season).
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 01:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A non-cheating school (or at least one not dumb enough to be caught cheating) will be the BCS champion. At least the Buckeyes will avoid what would have been their inevitable choke (though probably the fact that they had no pressure on them this year contributed to their undefeated season).
    That, and a relatively weak schedule.......
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 05:441 edit
    Blah, blah, blah.

So who will be co-champions with them?

After Bama gets done disemboweling Notre Dame, OSU will be the last undefeated team. However, if OSU had not been penalized by the NCAA, they would have gone to face Notre Dame for the NCG, and probably lost to them.

Fate is a strange cat.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 07:03
    Blah, blah, blah.

So who will be co-champions with them?

After Bama gets done disemboweling Notre Dame, OSU will be the last undefeated team. However, if OSU had not been penalized by the NCAA, they would have gone to face Notre Dame for the NCG, and probably lost to them.

Fate is a strange cat.
    No one will be Co-Champions with an in-eligible team.

OSU is busted. They can play next year. They already have a weak schedule next year too.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    No one will be Co-Champions with an in-eligible team.

OSU is busted. They can play next year. They already have a weak schedule next year too.
    Yes, why would the only undefeated team be co-champion? It makes no sense at all.......as soon as Bama gets done with Notre Dame that is.

Really what makes no sense is why the NCAA lets suspended teams play at all, but then, considering all the revenue they would lose it all starts to make sense again.

Screw the NCAA. 😠
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 22:25
    Yes, why would the only undefeated team be co-champion? It makes no sense at all.......as soon as Bama gets done with Notre Dame that is.

Really what makes no sense is why the NCAA lets suspended teams play at all, but then, considering all the revenue they would lose it all starts to make sense again.

Screw the NCAA. 😠
    The NCAA did not make Ohio state play its season. Further, Ohio State could have left the NCAA if it didn't like its rules.

Ohio State doesn't get to be any kind of champion because it broke the rules. That was part of the deal OSU made when it joined the NCAA. It's silly and childish to complain about it now just because OSU wound up having a good season.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 02:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The NCAA did not make Ohio state play its season. Further, Ohio State could have left the NCAA if it didn't like its rules.

Ohio State doesn't get to be any kind of champion because it broke the rules. That was part of the deal OSU made when it joined the NCAA. It's silly and childish to complain about it now just because OSU wound up having a good season.
    The NCAA knew all about the scandal and let them play in the Sugar Bowl anyway and then let them continue with their season the following year. The NCAA is a hypocritical mess.
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 08:09
    The NCAA knew all about the scandal and let them play in the Sugar Bowl anyway and then let them continue with their season the following year. The NCAA is a hypocritical mess.
    I hope the Buckeyes have a tougher schedule next year, I haven't looked. Otherwise they won't be considered for serious bowls being in the conference they're in.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 13:15
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I hope the Buckeyes have a tougher schedule next year, I haven't looked. Otherwise they won't be considered for serious bowls being in the conference they're in.
    They have a weaker schedule next year.
    They will almost certainly start the season in the top 5 ratings in the polls.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 02:29
    Can the Big Ten get any worse?

Geesh.

The Rose Bowl will be an absolute joke this year.
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 08:21
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    They have a weaker schedule next year.
    They will almost certainly start the season in the top 5 ratings in the polls.
    Urban Meyer couldn't take the pressure to win at Florida. When things took a turn for the worse, he bailed. I think he's better suited for Columbus. His heart has obviously healed with all his jumping around and slobbering on himself after his wins.

OSU has a solid team. LONG LIVE THE SEEDS!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 22:371 edit
    Urban Meyer couldn't take the pressure to win at Florida. When things took a turn for the worse, he bailed. I think he's better suited for Columbus. His heart has obviously healed with all his jumping around and slobbering on himself after his wins.

OSU has a solid team. LONG LIVE THE SEEDS!
    After Notre Dame gets crushed in January, OSU will have the longest winning streak in college football!!

Hope they can make some adjustments to be able to compete in next years bowl against the SEC/USC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree