2013 NFL Season News & Points of View

2013 NFL Season News & Points of View

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
10 Sep 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Yep. Put some money down now while you can get it.
I'd bet Niners, but never underestimate Seattle's homefield advantage. It's the most ridiculous in football.

Still, they struggled against the Panthers this week.

d

Moves
11 Sep 13

How do you feel about the eyebrow shaving thing between Kaepernick and Wilson?

U

Moves
11 Sep 13

Originally posted by dryhump
How do you feel about the eyebrow shaving thing between Kaepernick and Wilson?
The commercial is hilarious!

Wilson is kind of punking out, though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/russell-wilson-says-eyebrow-bet-with-colin-kaepernick-not-real-serious/

U

Moves
11 Sep 13

smothered mate..

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Sep 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
2013 NFL Season News & Points of View (OP)

"2013 NFL Predictions"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-nfl-predictions-20130904,0,850972.story#axzz2dx5NhBji

Oakland Raiders, a perennial bottom feeder team, will improve and in so doing mess things up for some private leagues in which members pick teams to cover the Las Vegas Morning Lines. Similarly, in the NFC, Tampa Bay may surprise. (imo)[/b]
Who are the NFL’s top 10 teams heading into 2013?
By Keith McMillan and Mark Maske, Published: September 4 at 7:00 am

"As the start of the regular season draws near, we at The Insider are bringing back our morning staple, the Opening Kick. But while last year’s day-starting posts on the blog were usually designed to start some kind of discussion — who can forget the day we insanely went through the scenarios to get Washington from 3-6 to division champion? — we’re tweaking the goal slightly.

We want Redskins fans to be able to log on in the morning and start their days with us. So we’ll feature a mix of voices to start the day, and some days it could be a question, like today, some days analysis, some days something brief or irreverent. Along with that, we’ll highlight links to the best of The Post, the best things we’ve seen around the web, and set the table for the day ahead, so you don’t have to be anywhere but here to see what’s going on. And then of course, there’s the daily “jibba-jabba” down in the comments.

Redskins and Eagles fans have five more days to wait for the season to kick off, but NFL fans have only two. And while there are some pretty sweet matchups Week 1 — Green Bay at San Francisco, Atlanta at New Orleans, and New York Giants at Dallas — Baltimore’s trip to Denver could be as good a game as any. It certainly isn’t a bad way to set things off.

Mark Maske does a feature every week ranking the top 10 NFL teams, and we present it as a photo gallery. Here, in non-photo-gallery form, are Mark’s picks as the 2013 season begins:

1. 49ers. They’re the league’s most complete team, even with the injury to wide receiver Michael Crabtree. Colin Kaepernick will only get more comfortable and better.

2. Seahawks. The loss of wide receiver Percy Harvin certainly hurts. But that means the Seahawks and 49ers merely are even in the top-receiver-injury category as they vie for supremacy in the NFC West and the entire league.

3. Broncos. The clock is ticking for Peyton Manning as he tries to secure a second Super Bowl triumph. But the addition of Wes Welker gives him a great chance.

4. Falcons. They showed last season they can win a playoff game. There’s plenty of talent on hand for them to take the next step and be a Super Bowl team, but there’s also plenty of competition in the upper tier of NFC contenders.

5. Bengals. Relatively quietly, they have assembled a team that can compete with anyone in the AFC. And with the losses suffered by the Ravens, the Bengals should be regarded as the AFC North favorite.

6. Patriots. Yes, there are major questions about the quality of Tom Brady’s receivers. But he generally has found ways to make things work in the past even when he’s been without overwhelmingly talented supporting casts.

7. Packers. They remain the team to beat in the NFC North but the Vikings could be right on their heels.

8. Texans. They again should be one of the NFL’s most balanced teams, alongside the 49ers, and no one should be surprised if they’re a top contender to be the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

9. Ravens. They had an offseason of heavy losses after their Super Bowl victory and now they suffer the indignity of having to open the season on the road, thanks to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles that even the NFL’s muscle-flexing couldn’t resolve. Joe Flacco will have to step up his game and become as productive during the regular season as he is during the postseason. But they’re still the champs, until proven otherwise.

10. Saints. Few are talking about the Saints as a top contender. But Coach Sean Payton is back and the cloud of the bounty scandal that hovered over the team all of last season finally has dissipated.

Did Mark miss any team? Who’d be your top 10? Tell us in the comments below." (washingtonpost.com)

Raven's are highly unlikely even to qualify for post season. (imo)

MC

Moves
18 Sep 13

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 13

[b]Who are the NFL’s top 10 teams heading into 2013?
By Keith McMillan and Mark Maske, Published: September 4 at 7:00 am

"As the start of the regular season draws near, we at The Insider are bringing back our morning staple, the Opening Kick. But while last year’s day-starting posts on the blog were usually designed to start some kind of discuss ...[text shortened]... ." (washingtonpost.com)

Raven's are highly unlikely even to qualify for post season. (imo)[/b]
"Did Mark miss any team?"

KC.

MC

Moves
22 Sep 13

"Did Mark miss any team?"

KC.
The Arizona Cardinals started 4-0 last year. It is too soon to tell, things will be more clear in a few weeks.

MC

Moves
22 Sep 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
I'd bet Niners, but never underestimate Seattle's homefield advantage. It's the most ridiculous in football.

Still, they struggled against the Panthers this week.
You must be a Niners fan. The Panthers are lambasting the Giants as I type this and a final score of 29-3 cannot be explained away soley on the basis of home field advantage.

I hope the Seahawks start playing down to your expectations before they take the trip to Indianapolis.

U

Moves
22 Sep 13

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
You must be a Niners fan. The Panthers are lambasting the Giants as I type this and a final score of 29-3 cannot be explained away soley on the basis of home field advantage.

I hope the Seahawks start playing down to your expectations before they take the trip to Indianapolis.
Yes, because in week 1 I should have taken into account how well the Panthers played against the Giants in week 3.

MC

Moves
22 Sep 13

Yes, because in week 1 I should have taken into account how well the Panthers played against the Giants in week 3.
In week one you should have taken into account you had no idea what would happen in weeks 2-17.

U

Moves
22 Sep 13

In week one you should have taken into account you had no idea what would happen in weeks 2-17.
Well, you can't know for sure But there are certainly teams that have expectations.

For example, it was fairly predictable that the Carolina Panthers would be 1 - 2 right now.

MC

Moves
22 Sep 13

Well, you can't know for sure But there are certainly teams that have expectations.

For example, it was fairly predictable that the Carolina Panthers would be 1 - 2 right now.
By that logic it was fairly predictable that the San Francisco 49ers would be 1-2 right now.

U

Moves
23 Sep 13

By that logic it was fairly predictable that the San Francisco 49ers would be 1-2 right now.
No, not by any logic.

So are you telling me that in week 1 you would put the odds on every match up as being even?

MC

Moves
23 Sep 13
1 edit

No, not by any logic.

So are you telling me that in week 1 you would put the odds on every match up as being even?
No, but I would say that for most games. No week 1 win at home or on the road should be used to prove a team is not good.

I guess you had the miners steam rolling through the whole season. Typical miners fan, they have a couple good seasons and all of a sudden you'd think Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were playing in their prime again.