7th Sept IMUK

7th Sept IMUK

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Hell, the only thing I can imagine being a worse way to spend my time than actually doing a double IM is watching one in progress...

A bunch of emaciated athletes trying to NOT DIE as they sweat out the equivalent amount of calories that could feed a small African village for a week. No thanks!
I was only there for an hour whilst they biked, then drove back the next day and saw a couple of hours of the run. Many supporters were there all weekend though.

I think you may have solved world hunger below... each village should send one of their own out on a DIM distance activity, then farm the sweat and use it as a food source.

Maybe we could go into business, bottling it and selling it:

Nutrisweat ™

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Sep 08
2 edits

Originally posted by rhb
Many supporters were there all weekend though.
Seems weird. The same counts for spectators at any long distance running or cycling event.
I just can't understand how they can stand there all day, watching a procession of Nutrisweat go by - and seem exited about it, seemingly all day long 😕

The ranking order of the worst spectator sports are
#3 - long distance running and cycling
#2 - any motorsport
#1 - golf

Some things should only be watched on TV, half asleep, while prone on the sofa with chips'n'dip.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Sep 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Seems weird. The same counts for spectators at any long distance running or cycling event.
I just can't understand how they can stand there all day, watching a procession of Nutrisweat go by - and seem exited about it, seemingly all day long 😕

The ranking order of the worst spectator sports are
#3 - long distance running and cycling
#2 - any motorsp ...[text shortened]... e things should only be watched on TV, half asleep, while prone on the sofa with chips'n'dip.
Agree on golf, and to an extent running - at a mass participation event, e.g. London marathon, where applause fatigue really kicks in after a couple of hours.

Pro cycling and elite long distance running is different though, you'd have a fair idea of where they'd be when, so if local to you the whole spectating experience can be a very involved one. Sitting at the finish line all day waiting for them to get there would not butter my toast for sure - that's not fun...